2019 Charity Collection
Each year Zombie Pumpkins donates a portion of its profits to charity. Members who choose the Monster V.I.P. plan in 2019 will have a portion of their payment go to United Network for Organ Sharing.
United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) is the private, non-profit organization that manages the nation's organ transplant system. UNOS was founded to help the community of donation and transplant professionals make the best possible use of organs to save lives.
For more than 30 years, UNOS has played a vital role in the evolution of transplant therapy in the United States - growing from a handful of staff members in rented office space to an organization employing more than 350 staff members at its headquarters in downtown Richmond, Virginia. Its responsibilities have also increased and changed as the field of transplantation has matured:
- Managing the national transplant waiting list, matching donors to recipients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Maintaining the database that contains all organ transplant data for every transplant event that occurs in the U.S.
- Bringing together the transplant community to develop policies that make the best use of the limited supply of organs and give all patients a fair chance at receiving the organ they need, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, religion, lifestyle or financial/social status.
- Monitoring every organ match to ensure organ allocation policies are followed.
- Providing assistance to patients, family members and friends.
- Educating transplant professionals about their important role in the donation and transplant processes.
- Educating the public about the importance of organ donation.