Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario, and my family is BIG on Hallowe'en. Unfortunately I don't live with my parents anymore, and the last year that we got more than 5 kids was 1999, when we lived in Brampton, Ontario.
When we lived in Brampton my mom and I used to spend two or three days before Hallowe'en carving pumpkins and decorating our front lawn with spiderwebs, a fake graveyard, dry ice and blood and specimen jars.. We'd go to the butchers, get pig's hearts and other gory stuff and toss 'em in Mason jars with food colouring in the water.
We used to be the most popular house.

This year I did Hallowe'en at my boyfriend's house, as I live in a basement apartment and no one's going to want to come around to someone's back door for candy. In our neighbourhood we were expecting roughly 100 kids to come by, but we were short on time for decorating. We spent the 30th and 31st doing nothing but pumpkin carving, and decided to let the 'kins be our sole decoration.

Chris allowed me to use my theatre makeup on him after we came up with his costume the night before Hallowe'en [Thank you Leafs game!], and we got all dressed up and waited for the kids to come.

Grand total: 34.

Thirty-freaking-four! I was so disappointed. But on the bright side, every child or parent had a fantastic comment about the pumpkins, and I told every one of them to come here for stencils.

We did 6 pumpkins with 7 stencils, carved with a crappy $0.94 cent pumpkin saw from WalMart, the battery-powered saw I found at Canadian Tire, and the Dremel Pumpkin Carver.

Well, Chris used the crappy saw.. I stuck with the power tools. :D

Chris did all of The Corpse Bride patterns for me, and I did the pirates and Heads Up!

The Jolly Roger [entirely Dremel-tooled]

Captain Jack Sparrow [battery-powered saw, Dremel tool]

Davy Jones [battery-powered saw, Dremel tool]

Victor and Emily [crappy WalMart pumpkin saw, by Chris]

Bonejangles [crappy WalMart pumpkin saw, by Chris]

Heads Up! [battery-operated saw, Dremel tool]

Pictures taken in the garage, with slightly better lighting of the pumpkins we did on the 30th.

I went as a Pirate Wench for Hallowe'en.. Best costume hat I've ever bought. :D

Um, ignore my bathroom counter.. haha

And I matched three of my pumpkins! Forgive the blurriness of these shots, Chris isn't so great with a digital camera..

...I got him back though. We watched the Leafs game the night before Hallowe'en, and saw a girl in the crowd with half a hockey puck coming out of her forehead with fake blood.

I felt the need to recreate it, along with a skate slash to his neck.

He matches no pumpkins, but just thought it'd be fun to post what I did to him..

Enjoy! :D
By Liderc
Forget the pumpkinz, your beautiful=P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Forget the pumpkins? Don't forget what the title of this site is. Sheesh, one pretty pirate wench and Liderc loses all focus. :lol:

Excellent pumpkins and costume, icecrystal! Arrrrr! I love when people create a whole theme with their pumpkins and costume, In fact, there's a contest category for that this year.

The gore hound in me also likes the puck-punctured hockey player. Your boyfriend looks pretty happy for a guy with a puck in his brain.
By icecrystal
Haha, thanks Liderc, but I love my pumpkins too much to forget them.

I had the costume long before I decided on the pumpkins, but it was too perfect to pass up. I have a slight pirate fetish.. :lol:

Yeah, he only looks happy with that puck in his forehead because that was taken at the end of the night.. after the disappointing turnout. That was about when he realized that he gets to eat all the leftover candy. :roll:

And ZP, I am so entering the costume part of the contest... if my pictures aren't too blurry. :/
By Liderc
My appologies=P, the pumpkins are very well done as well, I did a few of those myself this year.
By finklemyer
YAARRRGH! The corstume an' th' 'kins truly shivers me timbers! Ye be a lusty wench indeed wi' a steady sword hand for the pumpkins. :wink:
By icecrystal
It seems like everyone did Heads Up! this year. Sweet!

Aha finklemyer.. I tried to write something all pirate-y as you did but I couldn't without giggling.

Lusty wench.. :lol:
By finklemyer
AYE!!! Talkin' as a pirate be easy, it be typin' like a pirate bein' the dif'cult part . . . step one .. . get scurvy! arrrgh!
:wink: <---- (gotta use the one eyed pumpkin to keep the theme)
By cyberdman
Wow, nice display and costume, great job. Yes I did Heads Up! too and I just love that stencil. Lots of pirate themes this year, but I'd have to say yours is right at the top. :D