Provide your feedback on the main site (besides the patterns).
It may seem like I've been quiet the past several days. Busy busy busy. In the run-up to Halloween I would be lucky to sleep for an hour at a time. There's just that much to be done. But after a recovery sleep of about 15 hours, I'm ready to jump back into it and start catching up with you all.

I thought I'd give a recap on the state of things, to let you know where I've been and how things stand in ZP land.

Forum:

I'm way behind on reading your forum posts. I've especially been avoiding the Carving Stories & Photos section, because I wanted to view them when I could give them proper attention and comment on everything without rushing. So please stick around and get ready for a lot of replies from me.

Emails:

By now I've handled most of the customer service emails from Halloween. Considering the amount of traffic the site experienced, the amount of people asking for help was relatively small. And most questions had to do with user error (mistyped email when joining, printer not installed correctly) rather than any issues with site performance.

As for the more personal emails, those I will be catching up on next. Many of you emailed me to share stories of your Halloween, show off your photos, ask general questions not related to your membership, make requests for next year, or tell me about your completed minion missions. It might take me several days, but I'll be replying to all of those eventually.

Web Server:

There were no widespread technical issues. I'm happy to report that for another year, this site's server ran smooth as silk through the high traffic times. Our servers' capabilities were well underutilized in fact. Which is a great feeling, knowing that we have that safety net and could handle even more traffic if needed.

Patterns:

I'm excited to say that we hit the milestone of 3 million patterns printed! The threshold to that total was reached, appropriately, on Halloween night.

Overall, I'm really happy with the patterns released this year. I also think the 2013 V.I.P. Patterns are a pretty strong collection. I finally delivered on a few long-requested characters. Although there are plenty of popular requests still to do. Leave them wanting more, right?

Well, I can tell you that I had about 5 patterns near completion that I just didn't get done in time. Up until Halloween morning, I still held out hope that I'd find time to upload them. :? And I had maybe another 20 ideas considered or started, which I would have loved to finish as well.

Rather than just beat myself up about that, I just might have to release a few of these in November or December. Even if you don't have pumpkins left, I'm assuming you won't mind these post-Halloween releases?

My Halloween:

I wish I could have done more, but at least I know what to expect so I've gotten pretty good at managing my time and expectations. I was able to to fit in things like a concert, some Halloween shopping, some movie watching (even if I watched while I worked) and of course, pumpkin carving. Carved 5 myself, and had about 15 in our display with the help of my family. I received some nice gifts (and gave myself a really nice gift). And I completed my costume to satisfaction, in time for my Halloween party. I'll share photos of all of this soon.

Recap:

Traffic to this site dies down immediately on November 1st. But I hope you diehards will stick around, at least for a little while. There will be updates to things like the contest, galleries and minions pages. A few more patterns, and maybe some spooky winter holiday downloads. Halloween isn't just a day, it's a way of life.
1. Congratulations on 3million patterns downloaded :D
2. Post Halloween patterns are always great - who cares if we have to wait until next year to carve them. :thumbsup:
3. Can't wait to see your costume and display pics.
4. OOOOOOOOOO what gift did you give yourself ( I am such a nosey Nicky :-) )
5 THANK YOU !THANK YOU !THANK YOU! for helping make those of us with absolutely no artistic talent feel great :D :kiss:
Ryan,
it has been a hum dinger of a year! With Jareth, the Hessian and VIP #2 and #3 I already had enough characters to thrill me! It as a great pattern year, your work was phenomenal! It seemed particularly hard for me to fit in time for everything this year, and it seems like that was a universal problem. Congratulations on your 3 millionth pattern, and the absence of server issues is a burden off your mind I'm sure. Thanks for a wonderful holiday, I'll be here all year! It is going to take me a few more days to get all my pictures uploaded. I fell behind in that aspect.
Boy, you done good! I'm pleased everything ran smoothly for you this year and that you had the time to do some of the spooky things we all love. The patterns and VIP patterns have been spectacular this year so any treats we might see pop up in the coming month would just be the cherry on top of an already delicious cake. I must say I too am curious about the gift you gave yourself :). Many many congratulations on a well deserved 3 million downloads and here's to the next 3 million. Fangs very much for everything you do :)= :kiss:
If you had of released 5 more patterns I would have died from exhaustion. I think the final three were awesome and really ended on a high note. The quality of your patterns is amazing. How long did you work on evil ash because the likeness and detail is stunning. All around I think your strongest year. Congrats.
3 million patterns?! Wow!

I also want to know what your present to yourself is!

Super glad to hear everything ran smoothly and you still managed to fit some Halloween fun in for yourself. Thanks so much Patch Master, as always you, and the ZP! community make my Halloween fun and interesting and wonderfully spooky :) thank you all!
It was a vintage year for ZP. I too have avoided the Carving Photos section of the forum, mainly because I like to spend time having a proper look at everybody's post and giving them the time they deserve.

Pattern wise it was a stunning year - that's a given though. 8)
I can't stress enough how much I love your patterns and the community of awesome people who have built here. I feel that my Halloween (and my love of carving) would be seriously deminished if it wasn't for your incredible talent. Sometimes I get a little teary eyed thinking about it but from the bottom of my heart I wanted to thank you for all you do. As long as I carve, I will be a member of this epic community.
Amazing season Ryan! Ever since I've been a Monster Harvest member I have to say that this years VIP collection is the best I've seen. Great work! And I hope to see a couple patterns pop up here and there in a couple of upcoming months! :thumbsup:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Even if you don't have pumpkins left, I'm assuming you won't mind these post-Halloween releases?
Not......at.... all.

Great to hear that everything went smoothly this year. A great feat. Some years there's just one error that wants to be the Devils Advocate no?
I hope to complete some Minion Missions by the end of next Halloween season. I need me at least ONE of those baddies! :twisted:

Your costume was great, and this year was just stellar! My costume update is incoming, and just everything was wonderful. I will be on the forums a lot more now, since Halloween has died down a bit and I've been able to settle down.

If a Xenomorph, or Mayor of Halloween Town pattern is released, I'll be the first to print (or one of if zombombie/CorpseBride beats me to it).
Ryan, thanks for all you do and congrats on the 3 mil patterns! Not only do you make my Halloween better, but when I put out all of my ZP foamies along the street in front of my house, you make every trick or treater and their parents' Halloween better. They love to figure out the characters, see who can name the most, etc. Every year I have 2 families who take the kids out trick or treating in their neighborhood, then drive over to our house to try and figure out what the new pumpkins are . I'm guessing I had 50 or 60 kids this year, most with parents, and it was rare that I didn't get a compliment. The adults love them as much as the kids. Please know that you're creating countless Halloween memories for all the children and their parents every Halloween night.
Wonderful to hear that Zombie Pumpkins had a great year, 3 Million patterns printed what a landmark! It's been a brilliant year to be on ZP! The patterns are always amazing but this year I think they were that little bit extra special :D How does it feel to know that your designs are sitting on porches and gardens all over the world on Halloween night, a global ZP! showing, protecting homes everywhere from the evil spirits of the night. You must get such a kick out of that, I would!
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
Well, I can tell you that I had about 5 patterns near completion that I just didn't get done in time. Up until Halloween morning, I still held out hope that I'd find time to upload them. :? And I had maybe another 20 ideas considered or started, which I would have loved to finish as well.

Rather than just beat myself up about that, I just might have to release a few of these in November or December. Even if you don't have pumpkins left, I'm assuming you won't mind these post-Halloween releases?
I would love to see some of those patterns that are still hiding in the darkest recesses of the laboratory, bring them forth patch master!
*Psst* I've got a large pumpkin left from Halloween but I fear for it's chances with the frosts we've been having the past couple of nights, if you've got owt stowed away it would be best to show it soonish :wink:

As always thanks for the site and patterns, my Halloween wouldn't be the same without ZP! The relaunch, forum and steady flow of patterns are all now becoming traditions and long may it continue. Cheers Ryan! I can't wait to do it all again next year :D