Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By mudd
I think it was brought up before but how about mythological characters? Minotaur, medusa, sirens, cerebus, pan, and some others that im forgetting.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh yeah, mythology is rich with classic creatures. All ripe for pumpkin idolatry. Minotaur, Medusa, Pegasus, Hydra, Cyclops, Chimera, Cerberus, Sirens, Harpies, Hippocampi, Chimera, Satyrs, Centaurs, Griffins, Sphinx... Egyptian gods with animal heads such as Anubis, Horus, Sekhmet, Thoth, Bastet, etc.
By nosferatu
Hippocampi ? Aren't they sea-horses? Not the most terrifying of creatures unless it is of the vampire variety.

Whilst on holiday in France a few years ago we came across Korrigans. They are dwarf type creatures with red eyes.

Word of warning: never take one of these back to a diminuitive, feisty, work colleague called Corrigan - the joke does not go down too well at all and proves a costly mistake. It takes a lot of beer buying to rectify.

However, mythology creatures definitely. There are some fantastic Mayan mythological creatures / Gods too.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
True, a hippocamp sea horse is probably not the most fearsome looking creature. But given a bit of a sea monster edge, he'd certainly be more scary than his horsey cousins the unicorn and Pegasus.

Korrigans are cool looking! I'll heed your warning (I don't know anyone with a similar sounding name anyway) but I may let these little creatures inspire a pattern.
By purple1worm
Well you could do a sea horse for the watermelons, and keep the scarier stuff like the minotaur for the pumpkins.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ah yes, that's true too. The "Summer Spirits" are usually the friendly sort of beasts.
By mudd
ive been watching land of the lost all day on sci-fi channel today. do sleestak qualify as mythological creatures? how about chupacabra?
By nosferatu
Isn't there a Chupacabra stencil already?

Land of the Lost seems to get mentioned alot on peoples blogs so I am assuming it must be good
By purple1worm
I like the medusa idea. In fact I believe I started a post on it before. Any scarry mythical beasts would be cool! What is a Korrigan anyway, soounds scarry! :D
By matspud
I vote for these every time they come up. There are jsut sooooo many to choose from and with Ryan's slant there could be some truly amazing pumpkins carvings.
By Tkaraoke
I think a Medusa pattern would be awesome. All of those squiggly snakes in here hair.
By purple1worm
Yeah! So how about that medusa Ryan?? Please. Or maybe i'll have to improvise and add snake faces to the old hag!! I hate to ruin a good pattern though. :twisted:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I remember considering a Medusa pattern a while back, but I had just done the Davy Jones pattern, and I felt that the snakes headed gorgon would look too similar in style. But it's been a few years, so the snake lady is probably due to make her appearance.
By purple1worm
yeah!! :D
By Hottie McNaughty
I also would like to see a Cerebus pattern. My boss has asked me to carve several for work and since I work at a dog kennel I'm looking for all the canine patterns I can find!