Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By nosferatu
Christmas baubles! Bronzey / gold are sort of a pumpkin colour and sort of pumpkin shaped. Black print on them with the designs (would have to be simple ones obviously). Black christmas trees were very popular here last year and look likely to do well again.

You are halfway to having a Halloween Christmas.

You can also make your own christmas snowglobe. Instead of inserting a picture place a miniature stencil. Think I've got some somewhere.......
By The Vlad Hatter
I don't know yet if my interest goes beyond carving. I like carving, don't know if stenciling is something I'm wanting to do.

I suppose you could carve out a few foam pumpkins and set them up like a snowman.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nos - good ideas, but both suggestions require reducing the pattern size quite a bit. Simple patterns might work, but most of mine are meant to work best at their standard paper sheet size.
The Vlad Hatter wrote:I suppose you could carve out a few foam pumpkins and set them up like a snowman.
Ah, neat idea. I picture three white foam pumpkins stacked, with a Jack head. Remember this scene in Nightmare Before Christmas?

By The Vlad Hatter
That would be cool. So for the second two pumpkins just carve buttons?

It probably would not even be hard to recreate the hat and/or arms.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Now that this has been suggested, I can totally see one of our forum members making this.

Possibly me.
By nosferatu
These are a quick mock up and not very christmassy but give the general idea. Think they would work better with silver stars rather than blue and maybe some snow added to Pan and SM. Maybe some snow under Pan's feet etc just to festive them up a bit. The great thing is they are double sided so you can have two designs on each one.

By The Vlad Hatter
This is one I could get away with with the kids.

Problem is now I bring the Queen of all Xmas Decorations and Spirit, my Mom, into the equation. There is a conversation I"m not looking to have.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Well now, that was quick!! I can totally see that working, now that you show it. Space Monkey 3000 snow globe. :lol: Those are cool, now I'm more inspired to make some Christmas patterns, just so you can put them into those snow globes, if nothing else.
By PirateRogue
I would love it if you made Christmas patterns. I could make great Christmas paintings with those. :D :D
By The Vlad Hatter
How about a carved foam pumpkin as a tree topper? You could put an angel, start or whatever else on it.
By Wedge
Ryan's patterns work great for window covers. Christmas ones would look glowing on Christmas Eve. That way Santa will know just where to drop off the severed head or the human finger bone necklace I asked for. It looks like its going to be an undead Christmas this year!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Foam pumpkin as a tree topper! Oh man, I have a few small sized foam 'kins laying around. I think the star that usually sits atop my tree might be taking a year off. :lol:
By The Captain
Wedge wrote:Ryan's patterns work great for window covers. Christmas ones would look glowing on Christmas Eve. That way Santa will know just where to drop off the severed head or the human finger bone necklace I asked for. It looks like its going to be an undead Christmas this year!
I was going to say Christmas windowkins :D