Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By SaneInsideInsanity
o0o0o very nice i esspecially enjoy the empties around puking made me laugh my ass off my chair
By Raven
Your pumpkins have nice taste in Rum. That Havana Club is nice! We have a few bottles around here still... I mean, we would if us Americans could have Cuban Rum... :wink: I love how you did E.T. with the finger glowing. Nice job!
By Ajax
Love them how did you get the effect with the ET? I'm surprised how that pumpkin really looks like he is puking he just looked like he was sneezing to me until i seen him with his guts coming out of his mouth.
By Pumpkinman
Up to my experience the motives/pumpkins last longest if I do not cut "all the way through". For this reason I usually just remove about 0,5cm of the outer pumpkin surface. A side effect of this technique is, that it is possible to accentuate spots of the patterns that are supposed to be very bright (e.g. E.T.'s finger).

Regards,
Michael
By Ajax
Nice work i did the same pattern yesterday but i must say your came out nicer.
By Crystal
I love the props with the sick pumpkin. I think thats so funny...

ET is awesome too
By Dadja
RavensDestiny wrote:Your pumpkins have nice taste in Rum. That Havana Club is nice!
I second that :) I looooooove this rum, makes Bacardi rums taste like uhm pumpkin guts :)

Great pumpkins, I'm planning on doing the puking pumpkin and E.T. exactly the same way
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Superb work, Pumpkinman. I agree, the Puking Pumpkin really does work when you have the seeds coming out of the mouth. Looks like he's really projectile vomiting his guts. Even Horton looks a little more tipsy than usual.

The other scraped down designs are very sharp. And as mentioned, the E.T. finger glow is well done!
Thanks once again for the kind comments. In the meantime (between my last post and this one) I have completed two more motives:

Sooo... 10 completed... 4 more to go ! :lol:

Happy carving everybody! :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ooooh nice. A couple more detailed ones there. What tools do you use to do the skin scraping?
By Pumpkinman
I use these tools:

Image Image

These are some very sharp blades ro carve linoleum
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh okay, I've used similar tools for that. You must take your time to make them smooth. In many of your carvings, I can't even see the typical groove tracks you get with those tools.
By Pumpkinman
You are absolutely right! The groove tracks really are a problem. Thats why I use these "clay tools" (the slings) to finisch the larger parts I have scraped away:

It surely takes it#s time, but I think it is worth it. :roll: