Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
So, I had asked for some help deciding which pattern to carve for this contest... And I decided to choose E.T.! It turned out great! I had a small segment on the local FOX station where they asked me about the rolling briefcase that holds all my pumpkin supplies, my pumpkin gutter, and which pattern I had chosen! It was such a blast! Here is E.T.'s mug shot straight from the voting site!

They are letting people vote online to decide which pumpkins will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. You can only vote one time per computer. I am going to post the link here, but the decision will be difficult! There were a lot of good patterns, and carvings! One of them being another fellow ZP follower who carved the Joker! Vote if you can... Prizes are involved here people! :lol: Honestly though, it was great fun, and for a good cause. The radio station donated the pumpkins to a shelter for children in need.

My E.T. is entry #1; the Joker is entry #2!

http://www. 971zht. com/pages/halloween/pumpkincarve/vote.html

I am having a hard time linking up the site... Sorry guys! Any votes to the above address would still be appreciated!
Last edited by Kerianne19 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SaneInsideInsanity
o0o0o you got about 50 votes from me ....goes too all computers in th office....apparenly there's a fellow zper in it unless you did the joker too....awesome et btw
Last edited by SaneInsideInsanity on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Kerianne19
Well I thank you, and so does E.T.! And possibly the Joker and his carver depending on who your vote went to :lol:
By Kerianne19
Thanks for the help with the link Ryan... I was having a hard time with it! I thought the cause was great too; all kids deserve a Halloween decked out with the right accessories! I grew up seeing carved pumpkins, and so should everyone else!

I appreciate both of you voting! The voting will take place untill Thursday the 30th! Winners will be announced on Halloween!
Last edited by Kerianne19 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ZPjames
There ya go. I voted for you (& ET). Good Luck. Hope you win. :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
et got my vote i agree with ryan they are already in order though i think 10 should be switched with 12 :P
By ZPjames
is that the lion one? I wouldn't have known what it was if it hadn't been for the name (and even then I still didn't know what it was).

Edit: Oh its the upset stomach one. Yeah I didn't really care for that one either, but for me, the lion is my least favorite (but I'll give it and A for effort?)
Last edited by ZPjames on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SaneInsideInsanity
the none lit up half carved one....how did it even get in...it's only letting me vote once per email address....:( i've tried 3 computers
By Kerianne19
As far as the lion goes... He was probably 12. His grandma was there helping him carve. He ended up cutting off part of it that shouldn't have been cut. He was really upset; he didn't want to leave it there at all. The promotions director for the station encouraged him to leave it. He tried really hard! Tooth picks couldn't have put it back together, or I would have tried for him :cry:

Maybe the lady from the station was wrong... She had told me once per computer. Maybe it's once per e-mail? Thanks for the support everyone! :D
By Raven
My vote is in, and if its one vote per e-mail address, well I have plenty I can use for voting! It does say one vote per computer, but I even have plenty of those around. Although after reading your post I kinda feel sorry for the kid with the lion. :(
By SaneInsideInsanity
oh ok ten i'll stop being harsh...it may also be because all my comps at work are networked and on 1 ip addy so i'll try again at home....maybe i'll give the lion kid a sympaathy vote
By Raven
If you clear your cookies it lets you vote again from the same computer... I just tried. Since it doesn't say "one vote per person".... :P
By stormqueen29
Is it just me, or do the ZP kins seem from a different league?

I do feel badly for the boy who's carving got messed up, goodness knows I've done that oftern enough and usually used words my mother wouldn't approve of when it happens. Sometimes those dratted dots are so confusing!

I think this is pretty cool, I wish they'd do something like that where I live.

Gale
By Kerianne19
When I saw the girl doing the Joker, I said something like "We have another Zombie Pumpkin!", to which she said something like, "You can always pick Ryan's patterns out of a crowd." So simple. So true! It's his hard work that makes everyone else look good :)