Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
We used to carry Pumpkin Dunk'N ® on our old pumpkin carving website, however that product was discontinued by the manufacturer, with no plans to bring it back.

:idea: We went ahead and created our own formula, and where able to decrease the amount of chemicals by 90%, and increase the effectiveness by 33%.

Our patent application is on file, waiting for approval. We registered our Pumkin Embalmer ® name and we also went ahead and registered Pumpkin Dunk'N ® , since that was a name that people knew.

You can see our formula in action at http://www.drfrybrain.com

Steve "Dr. Frybrain" Frey, President
Frey Innovations, LLC
Last edited by Dr. Frybrain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
..good site & preservation tips Dr F!
By Tkaraoke
Thank you, Dr Frybrain! This could be something every carver should look into for making mass displays.

BTW: I love your avatar. Maybe you could partner with Ryan and have him make a pumpkin pattern of it for you and your site!
:D
Last edited by Tkaraoke on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By paddy_babe
thats sucky, they dont deliver to uk :?
By Dr. Frybrain
paddy_babe wrote:thats sucky, they dont deliver to uk :?
We've tried to send items to Europe, but we have had issues with the various countries customs agencies.
By paddy_babe
Dr. Frybrain wrote: We've tried to send items to Europe, but we have had issues with the various countries customs agencies.
ah well there will be other halloweens, hopefully you might be able to post abroad one year :)
By Tkaraoke
I wonder if a US person can send it themselves to a UK address without any problems. I'm sure us American/Canuck minions would be more than happy to help our fellow brethern. That's just what we do!
:)

BTW: I love the common sense tips on your site, Dr Frybrain. Sometimes the simple things/ways are the best.
By paddy_babe
I didnt think of that, will see what happens next year then :)
By Kerianne19
I just bought one, thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a try! I know I have some Pumpkin Fresh spray from the shop still hanging around from past years too... But to have a dunk method back would be fantastic! (I bought some Pumpkin SFX too... Nothing better than the smell of a pumpkin pie in the oven!)

Anyone else trying this out this season?
By Dr. Frybrain
Kerianne19 wrote:I know I have some Pumpkin Fresh spray from the shop still hanging around from past years too
We also have a spray on product called Anti-aging Spray that works EXACTLY the same as Pumpkin Fresh, but we give you 32 ounces for the same price as their 4 ounce bottle. That's 8 times the value!
By Cheef
im gonna have to add you to my links section on my site.
By Kerianne19
To save myself the extra shipping charge for lack of poor planning, since I just placed my order today, (I should have known I would end up wanting to try the spray too!) I will probably just try the dunk this season... But I am so excited to try it out! (And probably to spray next year too, I have got to think ahead!)
By SaneInsideInsanity
Minion at shipping service paddy. Just ask Gus :P. Hmmm I've never used anything more then hairspray to preserve maybe I will give it a hot.
By Dr. Frybrain
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:I've never used anything more then hairspray to preserve
The ancient Egyptians preserved their mummies by drying them out, not sealing in the juices. When you use a home remedy like vaseline, cooking spray, varnish, etc., you are trapping in the moisture.

Decay bacteria need two things:

1. Food (your pumpkin)
2. Water

The Pumpkin Embalmer draws out the natural moisture and replaces it with a mineral, so the pumpkin doesn't loose its shape.

Decay bacteria also thrive in an acid environment (pumpkins are naturally acidic). Pumpkin Embalmer raises the pH to a level that most bacteria can not survive.
By paddy_babe
I'll have to have a think about the spray, would be a waste for me if my kins are only out for one night lol :)