Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By SCAREcrow
I have been back from camping for a couple of days now.. Let me tell you, camping in Northern Ontario, in a tent at the end of Oct is kind of nuts. It rained, hailed, snowed and was FREEZING all week :(

Since we've been back we have been trying to get some carves done and our victims have increased significantly, from 8 to 18.. whoops

so far 12 of the 18 are finished. I apologize for the lack of creativity with the photos

Here is the shot of the original 8

These were the first 2 carves of the season, done on foamies from Micheals - our first foam carves. I did Undead Ted and my boyfriend (Sean) did Grim Reaper

These were our first real pumpkins, we used Stick'n Carve for these 2
mine:
Sean:

So this little project started with 2 small oval pumpkins we found for 1$ each and couldn't pass up. Sean decided the minion pattern would be perfect for these kins' so we carved them up! Next thing you know - off to the patch for 4 more. I think they turned out great.

We started with the original pattern and then I tweaked it a little to get 5 variations. I really like the minion pattern and even though I reduced the size, they were still super quick and easy to carve - probably due to our new Pro Carving Kits :twisted:

The originals:

All 6:

although I absolutely love the original pattern, my favorite variation ended up being the nerdy one with the parted hair - so cute.

We have only used the stick'n carve on the 2 pumpkins but hope to use some more in the near future. I like it, but its kind of a hassle on the smaller pieces. I felt as if it was melting away before I could finish my cuts and ended up guestimating on some it - seems like a typical complaint based on previous threads

Can't wait to carve more :D
Last edited by SCAREcrow on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
By SuperSonic
Thats impressive! I love how you did a redesign on the minions. Can't wait to see the other 6 :)
By amandap80
I have never seen Despicable Me, but those minions are adorable. I may sit down to watch this movie now!
By SCAREcrow
I'm glad to hear that you guys like the minions, like I said it was an easy pattern to tweak and carve at a reduced size of 1/4 sheet.

Soooo.. I was at the mall today looking for an insect ID guide for my insect collection (a school project) and decided to humor myself. I went to Target to check out their Halloween selection. Low and behold! Hold onto your seats, I saw foamies reduced to $7.50. After talking to a salesperson, she rescanned the price and they were only 5.00 for the large and 3.00 for the medium.

Here is what I left with:

I paid less for 6 foamies at Target than I would have paid for 1 - full price at micheals! :lol:
Lets hope they carve alright.

ZP! I am officially addicted and my bank account weeps :oops:
By Raven
Excellent carves! I was too afraid to use the Stick n Carve on the Ghost Pirate. You did a fantastic job on him!

I love all the little minions, too! Great job on your own variations!
By SuperSonic
I havent found the Target Foamies yet :x I want some though. Nice find. What section did you find them in?
By SCAREcrow
SuperSonic wrote:I havent found the Target Foamies yet :x I want some though. Nice find. What section did you find them in?
I found them in the Halloween section sitting out on a table display.

Sooo.. we went on a foamie rampage tonight and carved all 6! They carved pretty nice actually, I enjoyed carving them more than the Micheal's foamies - I found they had a lot less flex, were less crumbly and were all around sturdier.

mine:

Sean:

mine:

Sean:

Mine:

Sean:

And the group shot of foamies, We put them on a string of christmas lights which worked very nicely!