Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Ajax
Holy cap I've never seen this display before it's seriously the stuff of nightmares great pics.
By DeadKing
Thanks all.
Yes, it is outside my house, in yard acctually.. Well, I do not have trick or treaters.. I am alone here in this.. There is no much Halloween stuff.. I think I am alone who is doing it here from where I am, many find me weird when they see it in my yard how it all glows.. but I do not care.. I love Halloween... I have found this place where I can share my Halloween spirit with others and feel great about it.. Thanks everyone for that.
jo3y3dwards liked this
By Ajax
Anyone else notice in the first pic it looks like an eye looking down from the heavens.
By DeadKing
Ajax wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 pm
Anyone else notice in the first pic it looks like an eye looking down from the heavens.
Maybe it is because I edited the pic a bit, but that was not intention to look like that :) It was windy and cold that night, the clouds were passing fast and I was trying to get a good photo of it, so I put camera on stand, and repositioned it a few times, and took a pics with remote control :D

mesmark wrote:I didn't notice that but now that you mention it, I see it. Pretty cool.

My daughter said that she liked the tower with the blue and green lights the best.

That's a huge pumpkin at the bottom! How heavy is that? You must need a crane to move that.
Do you grow these pumpkins yourself?
It is not so big acctually, it is quite small considering my other big ones from past years.. just about 50 kg..
Not a crane.. I have a tripod stand for lifting those pumpkins, but this small ones from 50 to 100 kg range I can move alone or with a help of one more person.
Yes, I grow all of those pumpkins, squashes and gourds by myself.
Raven wrote:Absolutely spectacular! The carvings, display and photo's are amazing!
Thanks, glad you like it.
Last edited by DeadKing on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By S.A.M
What an amazing display, I'm still picking my jaw up from the floor :shock: It looks like something you'd find in a Tim Burton movie! I've been thinking I need a new way to display my pumpkin carvings but I would never have come up with a pumpkin pyramid/obelisk. That's all without commenting on how awesome the carves are, all of them being grinning jacks really ties it all together and as huge fan of traditional jack o'lanterns I LOVE IT :love: Amazing.
DeadKing liked this
By monstermash
Unbelievable Deadking! Your photography is gorgeous. I would have that tower of pumpkins in my garden all year if I could. I'm glad you keep growing and carving every year even if nobody in your area likes to. You'll always have us to show. Very impressive. I could stare at your pictures all day. :D
DeadKing liked this
By DeadKing
monstermash wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:31 am
Unbelievable Deadking! Your photography is gorgeous. I would have that tower of pumpkins in my garden all year if I could. I'm glad you keep growing and carving every year even if nobody in your area likes to. You'll always have us to show. Very impressive. I could stare at your pictures all day. :D
Thanks a lot. I would too have it all year round, but it is good to have a rest from it and then again anticipation next year at the beginning of autumn after all work of growing them. :D And the tower with pumpkins, squashes and gourds look good in the daylight too 8)
DeadKing, your photography is mind blowing. :surprised: Obviously the arrangement of a "jackolantern tower" is cool on it's own (very classic with all the faces). But you also did a nice job capturing the shape of the pumpkins with other ambient light. And you must have used some magic to place the clouds and moon in the right spot. Hard to choose a favorite photo. I'm glad you shared a bunch! Thanks so much for sharing your Halloween spirit.
DeadKing liked this
By amandap80
Holy mother of pearl. This is breath-taking. This is so totally my style - classic, pure Halloween joy and a brilliant way to display. Fantastic work! :love: :love: :love:

How tall is this tower? It looks gigantic! Is this something you welded yourself?