Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By BrookR1
It's been a very busy carving season for me. After Halloween last year, I scored about 35 pumpkins on sale. It's now April, and I only have one uncarved pumpkin left from that stash. I'm doubling the size of my display and this year and I'm actively promoting it. I've never been so excited about Halloween.

Please stop by if you are in the Portland, OR area. My display page is on Facebook: West Linn Pumpkin Display.
Last edited by BrookR1 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
amandap80 liked this
By BrookR1
I've always been curious about what one of Ryan's carves looks shaded. I experimented with Pennywise. This nice thing about Ryan's carvings is that if you mess up while shading, you can always do a cutout and it will still look great!

I wanted to preserve this moment before I light this thing on fire. :evil:

Lit up.

Ducati pumpkin.

A couple of window carvings

Another of Ryan's patterns.

Two more window carvings.

A few of my own.

And a couple from Stoney's site.

Stuck doing window carvings until I can purchase more pumpkins.

Flaming jack!

The Invisible Man!

Another of Ryan's patterns with my own embellishments added.

Spicoli tribute!

Cafe racer girl

These things just keep breeding like rabbits!

Every year I let my daughter choose whatever pattern she wants and then I carve it for her. In the past, she's chosen TMNT and Calvin and Hobbes. This year, fully expecting Elsa, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, or a unicorn, she chose Jack Skellington! You can't believe how happy I was to carve this special jack o' lantern for her. From now on, I'm going to write their choices on the back of their pumpkins. In case you're wondering, I carved a train for George.

Every year I end up carving Root of all Evil into a real pumpkin. This year I decided to carve it into a foam pumpkin. These are my two favorite patterns from ZP.

I had no business carving this one when I was so rushed this weekend. I did not do this pattern justice. I placed the pattern over a seam. I thought I could whiz through it using my dremel. I'm kind of embarrassed posting this one.

For a friend.

Playing with color.

Last edited by BrookR1 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 am, edited 12 times in total.
These look great BrookeR1!!! I love the Windowkins and am thinking about doing some new ones for this year as well. Everyone seems to love them at Halloween.
By BrookR1
Thanks Mayor.

Yeah, I found myself making more and more as I waited for foam pumpkins to arrive in stores. I ended up making 20 of them. :shock:

Now that the foamies are back in stores, I'm going focus on those now. I can't believe that fall is only 3 months away. I can't wait to see your carves this year.

Brook
By pagemaster1993
All of this looks awesome. I need this to get me into the Halloween mood.
By amandap80
Amazing stuff! I need to make some windowkins but am intimidated by the process.
BrookR1 liked this
By BrookR1
Amanda,

Window carvings are no more difficult than carving regular pumpkins. I used a projector to trace the pattern onto coroplast (plastic cardboard). I cut out the pattern using an Xacto knife...place cardboard underneath the coroplast! Tape a colored tablecloth to the image and light it from behind. It's pretty simple.
SuperSonic, amandap80 liked this
By SuperSonic
Holy cr** dude! These are amazing! Loving the windowkins. I've wanted to try my hand at one for a while.

Not sure how to do it but I'm sure I could do it :smile:

I love the Jack pattern for your daughter! That's a really cool Halloween tradition. :smile:
BrookR1 liked this