Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Picked up a versa tool to try my hand at carving with the hot knife. Definitely speeds up the process and smooths the lines of my carvings. Pikachu was my first and I learned a lot (mostly what a hot knife can't do). It's a little rough but I think after a few more I'll feel much more at ease.

My Teal Pumpkin project carve - is it...is it? Yes, the great pumpkin!

Small stone colored pumpkin. Should have shrank the design a little but still happy with the results.

Was starting to get the hang of the tool late last night:
Last edited by shaft28 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By shaft28
sloaner wrote:Vader looks good in blue, maybe a hint that there's a jedi deep down inside him. But sith red would also look nice :D
I hadn't thought about that...was disappointed at the lack of black pumpkins for this carve so went for a darker color. Hadn't applied Jedi thinking.... I like your style. :thumbsup:
Three of my newest patterns, and one of my oldest! Glad to see you getting well versed in the versa tool. Looks like you know have another trick up your sleeve. Also, The Great Pumpkin seems like a great design for the teal pumpkin project. Perennial and kid friendly.
Thanks everyone, the hot knife made a huge difference in speed and just so much smoother of a cut. Ended up carving a bunch more foams than expected and then went a little crazy with jacks on the real pumpkins (partially limited time, partially we just really wanted a bunch of them this year).

Likely my fav carve of the year (Vader a close second)

I realized a huge lack of Dracula in my kins

Because Pikachu needs a friend

Now onto the real pumpkins. No a great picture, I'll try another tonight

A rough sketch and carve from a picture my son saw. Angry Birds piggis

This is a very large pumpkin, super wide and creased in the front. The large face looks great lit up. This pic does it no justice

Another fairly large pumpkin

This look a little better in person and after it dried a bit overnight. Man one of those white-orange heritage pumpkin and juicier than a peach. Quick cutting was the only way it looks a little like chase.

A small pumpkin, green and orange

My six year olds carve (need a lot of help on the mouth as this bad boy was super thick even after I shaved it down

Heritage white-orange pumpkin, I cannot express how juicy it was and difficult to carve that fast.

I did a second Pikachu for my son's best friend, came out much better the second round and a jack from Ryan's selection for a neighbor. But that is it! My hand is cramped. Ok, have to get my video set up going in the driveway...

Happy Halloween