Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Bravo020
Well, I've now been banned from buying more pumpkins for this year. 21 is the total, and still hoping that maybe just maybe I can sneak a few more in between now and the big day!

Currently planning two day's of carving (Thursday/Friday), and into Halloween day if necessary...

Frozen:
- Anna, Elsa & Olaf (my youngest is 2 and wouldn't forgive me if I didn't include them).
Harry Potter:
- Harry & Voldemort
TV:
- Buffy & Spike
- Scooby-Doo
Films:
- An American Werewolf
- Regan/The Exorcist
- Chucky (Bride of Chucky)
- Fright Night
Classics:
- Christopher Lee
- The Wolf Man
Various:
- Michael Jackson Thriller
- Vulture Shock
- Freddy Fazbear
- Meg Mucklebones
- Pumpkin King
- Minecraft
- Heads Up!

Not too sure what remaining designs to include just yet (open for suggestions!), I probably want a few more creepy ones, and going to be interesting to see how an external smoke machine comes into play with all of this (here's hoping for a rain-free weekend!).

Pics to upload as and when (need to find a new site to host the photos too, since my old website shutdown).
Last edited by Bravo020 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Pumpkinfreak
Nice list, can't wait to see pics of those!
as for a suggestion, as a true Halloween and horror fan, Christopher Lee Dracula can't be left out!
Have fun! :thumbsup:
By Bravo020
Hi All,

Well, so much for finding lots of time to work on pumpkins, instead a whole bunch of work related stuff got in the way....

So, first try with Stick'n Carve went very well, certainly saves time from using Saral transfer paper, which is a good sign.

Only comment that I have to make with using Stick'n Carve is that the transfer degrades quite quickly with the juice that gets released when carving the pumpkin, so you have to be quite quick with the carving process. Also in some areas the blade has a tendency of pushing the transfer through with the cut (maybe a sharper blade is in order, I'll give that a try).

So, first carve of Meg Mucklebones is complete, and just about to start my next pumpkin gutter session followed by Fright Night....

Will post some photos from day 1 once it gets a little darker and I can setup the camera and tripod, and the kids have gone to bed....

Happy carving everyone!
By Bravo020
Sorry about poorly shot photo's, no time to set-up the camera and use candles, instead using some led's that don't quite hit the mark with the colour.

Meg Mucklebones [Legend]

Fright Night

Regan [The Exorcist]
By Bravo020
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Still carving this evening, completed a few more designs (Buffy,Spike,Anna,Elsa,Olaf,Harry Potter,Voldemort,Werewolf,Chucky,Minecraft,Thriller,and Vulture Shock), pics a little later once I've finished the remaining carves for tonight.

I must say, I really like Vulture Shock, the design is wonderful, but damn it's a tricky one to carve, especially when you make the mistake of having quite a thick carve to deal with (must find a more accurate way of thinning the walls to an acceptable depth)...anyway, I really like Vulture Shock, but its one of the more tricky ones I've had to deal with so far.

Laters...
By BrookR1
Bravo020 wrote:Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Still carving this evening, completed a few more designs (Buffy,Spike,Anna,Elsa,Olaf,Harry Potter,Voldemort,Werewolf,Chucky,Minecraft,Thriller,and Vulture Shock), pics a little later once I've finished the remaining carves for tonight.

I must say, I really like Vulture Shock, the design is wonderful, but damn it's a tricky one to carve, especially when you make the mistake of having quite a thick carve to deal with (must find a more accurate way of thinning the walls to an acceptable depth)...anyway, I really like Vulture Shock, but its one of the more tricky ones I've had to deal with so far.

Laters...
You're blowing through them quickly. Just out of curiosity, how long does it take you to carve a pumpkin. For me, if the design is not too complex, I can get through one in just over an hour from gutting to finishing the detail work. I must be slow. :wink:
By Bravo020
I guess from start to finish now, is about 90 mins. For gutting I use the Pumpkin Gutter gizmo which makes life easier and saves on the hand cramp etc, I also have started to use the Stick'N Carve transfer paper this year which makes it a lot quicker than using Saral wax paper, or the dreaded needle approach!

So, yes about 90mins from gutting to washing and wrapping in clingfilm, a little longer if I go through the process of putting vaseline on the cuts to help preserve them.

Haven't suffered so much cramp and muscle ache this year, which is a good thing! Just setting up the camera to try and get some photos of this evenings work. Only a few more designs left for tomorrow (Pumpkin King, Scooby-Doo,Freddy Fazbear & Heads-Up), although I had to throw 1 pumpkin away (rotten beyond a joke), and my kids have ploughed through a few of the pumpkins as well, so I guess I might miss out on Heads-Up this year.

But all in all a good set for a couple of days work, and did more than a couple of years ago (missed Halloween last year as I was travelling).

Anyway, back to the camera...

Have fun.