Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By SuperSonic
#1 Has been revealed! I love it! What spawned that choice I wonder? I love it a lot. What a wonderful phrase.
By Ajax
Agreed, looks great and I can't wait to carve it, but what made you decide on this pattern?
I do have something in mind for it that I was going to use another character for but this
will work even better.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
VIP #1 might seem slightly out of left field. Classic, but no obvious motivation (in contrast to Genie last year, in remembrance of Robin Williams). This VIP was done as a personal request for someone. I'm waiting for permission to share the story behind it.
By amandap80
I LOVE LOVE LOVE #2! This is my kinda pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!
By Mayor of Haddonfield
I agree, and I'll definitely be carving #2 as well as the first two regular patterns!
By Zion's Warrior
To me "or not to carve" is not even a part of my thought process. #2 is awesome!
By lonogod
Why are the VIP patterns not described in any detail? I was seriously considering signing up for the next package up in order to get access to the VIP patterns, but since there are no descriptions of what I am getting (even going back to previous years), I decided against it.

What's the harm in describing what they are? I think that would entice more people to pay the extra $10 if they knew what to expect.That's certainly the case with me. Even if it is just a description...I still want to know what to expect.

Also, are the VIP patterns from previous years available at any time, or are they lost forever if you didn't get in on the deal at that time?

That's just my two cents.

Thanks,

- Lonogod
By Zion's Warrior
lonogod wrote:Why are the VIP patterns not described in any detail? I was seriously considering signing up for the next package up in order to get access to the VIP patterns, but since there are no descriptions of what I am getting (even going back to previous years), I decided against it.

What's the harm in describing what they are? I think that would entice more people to pay the extra $10 if they knew what to expect.That's certainly the case with me. Even if it is just a description...I still want to know what to expect.
I've been dropping hints. I'm just worried that there might be a curse attached to telling what they are... :shock: Maybe the curse is that the pumpkins you carve will become actual zombie pumpkins!!! Actually that would pretty cool... But still...
By matspud
lonogod wrote:Why are the VIP patterns not described in any detail? I was seriously considering signing up for the next package up in order to get access to the VIP patterns, but since there are no descriptions of what I am getting (even going back to previous years), I decided against it.

I suppose I see the Monster Harvest as a lucky dip- and you don't get to see that before you buy.

What's the harm in describing what they are? No harm just a loss of some of the fun - The thing is - they are not released all together ( just like the "standard" patterns) so you might be waiting a LONG time to decide to join up. Checking the photos section will give you an idea of what is there as they are usually carved pretty quickly :-)

I think that would entice more people to pay the extra $10 if they knew what to expect.That's certainly the case with me. Even if it is just a description...I still want to know what to expect. I assume you are relatively new to the site. When you join for a "regular" package are you just joining for the patterns currently there ? The thing is you don't know whats coming with the standard patterns either so, after your first year when you have got all the patterns you want, when you join early you have no idea what's coming - VIP or not.

Also, are the VIP patterns from previous years available at any time, or are they lost forever if you didn't get in on the deal at that time?
The VIP patterns occasionally make it to the regular site but most are lost to the ether ( or the photo gallery :-)

That's just my two cents.

Thanks,

- Lonogod
By lonogod
To matspud:

I've been following this site for four or five years, so I do know how the process works. I finally decided to join this year because there were enough patterns that I would definitely carve for me to justify paying $10 for them. I carve a dozen or so pumpkins every year just for my Halloween display and twenty or twenty five more for my all my nephews, nieces, cousins, etc. So I knew that I would get my money's worth. I also have been carving more and more every year, so the sheer number of patterns was a bonus.

I'm just a man of principles I guess. I just can't justify paying for something if I don't know what it is. I'm not frugal, just practical. I mean...I pay $10 for a guaranteed 350+ patterns. Then, I have to pay another $10 for TEN patterns that I don't even know if I will use. Sometimes I really hate this side of myself, but I can't do anything about it.

If previous year's VIP patterns were displayed (even if not for sale), then perhaps that would change my thinking because then I would have an idea of what I'm getting, but for now I just have to stay out of the loop unfortunately. This kind of bums me out.

Thanks,

- Lonogod