Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
O.K., I have to get in on this poofy beard talk. Thankfully, not my poofy beard, but I think my husbands beard qualifies as magnificent. It's strange how many men comment on his beard, and sometimes really call it magnificent. He isn't a Minion here, but here he is after catching a baby shark while on vacation a couple of weeks ago. We reeled in 4 of them that night, threw them all back.

And here is the most recent pic of me. Apparently I'm blonde now. It wasn't intentional and my hair was blue at the beginning of July.. I'll try and work on my beard some other time.

Raven wrote:It's strange how many men comment on his beard, and sometimes really call it magnificent.
I have always though the same thing when guys comment on mine out in public, LOL... But I have found myself admiring your husband's beard anytime I see you post a pic on FB... Secretly, I'm telling myself, "now THAT is a straight up battle born wonder to behold!"... Then , I'm like "OMG, did I just think that?"
I think it's the male equivalent of a lady complimenting another on her hair or nails.

We don't typically say things like "That's a cute haircut, bro." or "I love the way you did your make up today"

I mean, that would be awkward. However, every man can appreciate the patience that goes into growing a beard. I think it's one of the few things that we feel comfortable complimenting other males on, because it's so masculine.

I have been in pubs before and complimented a guys beard after a couple of drinks, and realized at that exact moment exactly how awkward it sounded. I was thankfully, not punched. Instead he gave me a high five and complimented my beard back. We are a weird folk.
(I hate having my photo taken! haha I'd rather photograph everyone else)

This has been a kind of crappy year but I'm trying to keep my chin up (from ovarian cysts bursting, hurting my back, getting a blood clot in my leg, being diagnosed as dangerously anemic, hurting my back AGAIN, then just on Tuesday I had emergency dental surgery and a wisdom tooth removed. I am so over all of this - and I had to work during all of it to pay bills) I NEED HALLOWEEN!!!! STAT!

Anyway, here's me and my husby at the local "theme" hotel. I have a sweet deal with the manager - I trade photography to stay there. We stayed in the Presidential suite last time. I set up the timer on the camera for several shots.

Here's me, husby and stepson at Payette Lake in McCall Idaho - We had an epic camping adventure!

and of course, my favorite lady aka MOM who loves Daryl as much as me!!

Ok, if all the guys are bragging about beards, I have to join in on this too. Last Halloween things got pretty busy, so I skipped shaving at the start of October. And then in the months that followed, nature just took its course.

As you beardos probably know, it takes some effort to maintain a big beard. I picked up some supplies, including some beard oil and balm. Which products did I choose? Why, the ones with skulls on the product packaging, of course. "Grave Before Shave" brand.

But after 6 months of growth, and with a warm summer approaching, the burden became too much to bear, so I had to say bye to the beard. And for a short while it morphed into "friendly mutton chops." (Fun fact, this was the first time I shaved my chin bare since I was a teenager).

Eventually I reverted back to my typical goatee, but I'm sure there will be more facial hair experiments in the future. Its one of the "fashion" things that is unique to us guys. In this photo below I'm building a new computer with a friend of mine:

This is the powerhouse workstation we built. Most of your new ZP pumpkin patterns have been designed on this machine. I lit it green because it felt appropriate for the mad scientist lab that is my office.