Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By CombichristGirl
okay so... first just for poops and giggles a pic of some of my cooking lol. just cause
next up some silkie chicken i culled plucked and cooked one wacky looking bird. but tastes exactly the same as any other chicken
cut up
next a cool serial killer vibe pic i took out my bedroom door at night lol. fyi bats love that light post
next a friend of mine in ohio, her neighbor decorated their yard with transformers this year
panorama from my bedroom door last winter
okay now it's time for a segment called down of the farm with mommy dizz lol
so last year when i still lived in ohio we went geocaching. we searched the metroparks for a cache and couldn't find it. on the way back to the car my daughter jumped like she got scared. we looked down and thought it was a wad of gum. double take and it was a baby robin! we brought the robin home and i hand raised it. when it was older and started to fly i would let it outside before i went to work and i would make a whistle when i came home and she would come up to me and hang out!try getting a $1500 parrot to do that lol. i felt super good raising something from a baby and being able to release it back into the wild. she came around every day til she found a man, then she left me as most children do lol
now to bring out the chicken pics lol
some of my girls before they got taken by a fox :(
of of my bard rock got attacked by my dog that i used to have. had to rehome it after that. but she is enjoying being in the house a little to much but she needed the rest. i didn't think she would live but shes good to go and growing her feathers back
this is the head of a weed eater that she got to perfectly balance on a freaking plug!
that pole wasn't soft enough
why little ol me
i was down to one barred rock and an easter egger chicken who think she only has to lay eggs at easter time!!!!!!!!! most bizarre thing i have ever seen. so any ways i went to tractor supply and got a 12 chickens some for eating and a few for eggs. a few of them got taken by a fox before they were old enough to lay. such is the life of a free range chicken:(
anyways these are some them. they love that table
then i got some more chickens from mcmurrays
little silver crested polish in yo face. they are still growing and will look even different from this
and next week i have 16 more babies coming in!
been learning to tan hides as well...since im a mountain man and all lmao. got a rattle snake skin im working on right now and a squirrel and possum hide in the freezer that i will work on at some point. gonna make me a coon skin/possum Daniel Boone hat lol
By SuperSonic
Wow. You've been busy! Seems like you have them (the chickens) around the house. I could be wrong in that statement though.

Nice job on raising that robin! I would love to have an opportunity like that! VERY jealous. :)

Are you back for the long haul? Or just stoping by?
By CombichristGirl
im gonna try to be more regular. didn't get to do much this halloween but next year will be better finally. i do have quite the zoo. i plan to add 2 pygmy goats and a working dog to the zoo may be this spring or sooner if the opportunity arises.
my chickens free range so they do run around on the outside of the house. bardy was only inside for a few days because her injuries. they come up to me like dogs when i pull in the driveway. or they come if they think i might have a treat for them. if you want my chickens you have to yell "here crazy cheekons" and they come a runnin cept for thumbelina she doesnt realize she can run so she hops lol :roll: