Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By LookItsAlex
Hello fellow carvers! I just realized I've never introduced myself....yet I love to chime in from time to time. I think it's time to mend that.

My name's Alexander and I've been a member of the site for some time now (I think 2008?). I had an older username but that got lost throughout time. I found this site on a whim and just absolutely fell. in. love. I've been an avid Halloween enthusiast since I was a kid. Now as an adult I'm pretty much obsessed. (Did i mention I'm a virgo?? Yea...obsession is an understatement). I'm an actor/singer with a random degree in Event Management hoping to further my education through Graphic Design and Digital Media so perhaps one day I could be on the creative side of things, namely Halloween events in my area. (Halloween Horror Nights anyone?) :D

I'd love to tell you my favorite pumpkin pattern from the site...but I honestly have too many (as many of you probably have as well). I try to carve as many as I can afford...(Funkins....why do you keep getting more expensive?! Oh just take my money!) I can say I have a weakness for movie monsters and tv terrors. This years obsession....Michael Myers.

I get so many compliments on the patterns and I love spreading the word about this amazing site.

Random tidbit: I have 2 Siberian Huskies who are essentially my kids. Mason, who's my little Wolfman, and Kaiya...my orange pumpkin. :roll:
By zombombie
Welcome to the pumpkin patch Alex! Good to have you on board!

I know what you mean about not being able to choose just the one pattern as a favourite :) Any pictures of your dogs? I'm a real dog person :thumbsup:

You've introduced yourself at the most exciting time of the year, such a good time to be around the site :D
By nosferatu
Welcome to the boards Alex. Look forward to seeing pictures of your carvings. Dog lover and pumpkin lover, you'll fit right in.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I felt like I knew you forever the moment I read your username. I said, "Look, it's Alex!" I'm glad to hear about your history with ZP and Halloween and education. See, now we feel like we know you a bit better. You clearly have the same sickness we do, so you are extended a very warm and wicked welcome. Keep on carving.
By Raven
"How sweet. Fresh meat!" :P

Welcome to the site! Sharing pictures of your carves is required or you will be banned. O.k., not really, but we love seeing others work!! Also, anything else creepy you create!

In regards to the Siberian Huskies, do you know of Gone to the Snow Dogs? If so, Jessica hangs around here sometimes and you will be seeing their yearly massive display.
By SuperSonic
With a resume like that, foolish mortal, you'll fit right in!!! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Haunted Forums. Ryan is your host. Your "ghost host" that is! Hahahaha!

Back to welcoming you. Glad to have you on the boards. We always need new people to join the sickness that is the Zombie Pumpkins! Muahahahaha. Ohh like Raven said. Post. Carves. Please. Or we will raid your houze.

Sincerely,

The Zombie Pumpkinz
Last edited by SuperSonic on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By paddy_babe
Hi Alex, glad you've stopped lurking and jumped into forums :D oh yes, please post pics (huskies or carves, either would be awesome :lol: ) and a fellow Virgo... Virgos will take over the world (at least to clean stuff up and put things in order ;) )
By monstermash
Welcome Alex, I'm glad you've stopped lurking, it's always nice to have another crazy on board. I mean that in the nicest possible way :) .
By LookItsAlex
:arrowhead: Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Apologies for the lack of response. I just recently had my wisdom teeth taken out so needless to say I've been in a swollen, drug-induced stupor as of late. But I'm feeling back to normal, so yay!!!

Here's some pictures of some of my carves! Not everything but a good start.

*This was a photo I took of my foam carves last season...disregard the one that doesn't fit in. :wink:

*This is a little from this year. I'm about to start on the Jack and Sally carve to put in front of the Zero Tombstone.

*Ok, so I can definitely name you a favorite right now...(like in the top 3)...and that would be Winnie from last year. Ryan.. You captured her SOOO well. :thumbsup: Here's to maybe adding some of her Sister's this year??? :wink: :wink: A ghoul can hope, right? hehe

*And last, but certainly not least, the puppies! Mason on the left, and Kaiya on the right. And by puppies, I mean they're gigantic. :lol: :roll:
By LookItsAlex
paddy_babe wrote:and a fellow Virgo... Virgos will take over the world (at least to clean stuff up and put things in order ;) )
YES! You are too correct. :lol: :lol: Watch out, everyone! :phantom:
By sloaner
Those are great pictures. The blood splatter and moss are very creative :thumbsup:
By monstermash
Fantastic pictures Alex. I too hope the sisters can be re-united this year. I can't carve one until I can carve all three. :)
By purple1worm
Wow cool stuff. I too like the added details (blood splatter and moss)! Very original!
Looks like you've got some pretty cool props too! Cute puppies! :D
By Mayor of Haddonfield
I too love the lighting and the effects on the carves, especially the bicycle walker. Very cool!