Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Road Goat! Cool, I don't see that one carved every day. For a farm... that's fitting!

Lots of kid friendly carves. Your neighbor seems to like Frankiestein. I think she's freaky fabulous too (shh, don't tell anyone). Winnie... Woody (cool hat!)... Buzz... and then Daryl to bring in a little rugged gruffness. Haha.

Oh, but then Daryl was joined by the Walker. That's more appropriate. Detailed design choices. You must have warmed up your carving hand after doing the kiddie carves. The Hessian and Ghost Pirate aren't the easiest designs either. You rock!

Your photos are nice because you can see the carved design, and the shape of the pumpkin... and you had some unique shapes worth showing!
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Road Goat! Cool, I don't see that one carved every day. For a farm... that's fitting!

Lots of kid friendly carves. Your neighbor seems to like Frankiestein. I think she's freaky fabulous too (shh, don't tell anyone). Winnie... Woody (cool hat!)... Buzz... and then Daryl to bring in a little rugged gruffness. Haha.

Oh, but then Daryl was joined by the Walker. That's more appropriate. Detailed design choices. You must have warmed up your carving hand after doing the kiddie carves. The Hessian and Ghost Pirate aren't the easiest designs either. You rock!

Your photos are nice because you can see the carved design, and the shape of the pumpkin... and you had some unique shapes worth showing!
My 2 and a half year old is completely obsessed with Toy Story so they were must carves this year! I displayed them with my claw alien (carved on a foamie in 2010). My sitter suggested a Minion and who could resist Winifred??? I did do a Freddy and a grinning jack as well, but those photos will have to come later. In fact , I am not even sure if I have one of the jack... :?
I don't know if anyone carves the (large) Michaels foamies, but I found them terrible this year! Really hard and crumbly! So hard to get a nice clean cut. I am thinking about going back over them with the Versa tool to see if I can make the edges better. The small ones I did were fine.
Lovely photography DD. That Pennywise pic made me shudder, imagine walking along a road and seeing that sitting in amongst the leaves. I'd be looking over my shoulder all the way home. I can't comment on the faomies, us Brits are yet to get our hands on them.
monstermash wrote:Lovely photography DD. That Pennywise pic made me shudder, imagine walking along a road and seeing that sitting in amongst the leaves. I'd be looking over my shoulder all the way home. I can't comment on the faomies, us Brits are yet to get our hands on them.
HAHA! I took that at 1:00 a.m. while lying in the middle of my street in my pj's and sock feet. Thankfully there was no one around to witness it except for one lone car that probably thought I was a nutjob!