Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Raven
Thanks everyone! You've all made me feel better about the picture. I just couldn't get what was in my mind to come out in a picture. Of course, it I could have really done what was in my mind there would have been a magnificent black steed with glowing red eyes.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: By the way, what is used for the backdrop in the photo with the sword?
That is just one of those plastic sheet scenes you hang on the wall. I picked it up at the dollar store yesterday for...a dollar. They had several different scenes and I kinda wish I had picked out a few more. I had this whole thought of the horseman coming out of the woods yet not being able to get past the cemetery gates because the ground is consecrated.

I don't know how much picture set up I will be able to do this year. I got a late start carving and I will be gone for a whole week out of town soon, so things may be hurried along. I still have to put costumes together as well. October needs to be 2 months long!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Very cool, I thought that was one of those plastic sheet scenes hanging on a wall. But it looks so effective, I wasn't sure if it was something more elaborate. Because it's sort of in the darkness, it gives the appearance of a scene without looking too "fake." I may have to go buy some of these for backdrops to use for my photos. And by the way, I totally made the connection to the movie... the way he came out of the woods and couldn't go past the church gates. Classic Sleepy Hollow.
By Raven
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: And by the way, I totally made the connection to the movie... the way he came out of the woods and couldn't go past the church gates. Classic Sleepy Hollow.
SUCCESS! :P

My biggest problem with using the sheet was making sure the light didn't shine on it. They are pretty cool for backdrops though and I was surprised at how it came out in the picture.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, the key to using those backdrops is not letting light reflect off the shiny plastic. And it's also good if you can hide any fold lines that hurt the realism effect.
By CorpseBride
RavensDestiny wrote:...
That is just one of those plastic sheet scenes you hang on the wall. I picked it up at the dollar store yesterday for...a dollar. They had several different scenes and I kinda wish I had picked out a few more. I had this whole thought of the horseman coming out of the woods yet not being able to get past the cemetery gates because the ground is consecrated.
Brilliant!! I love when there is a story to the photo. Awesome carve Ravens! :)=
By Ajax
I can see it now and it looks really fantastic great start to the season.
By SuperSonic
I need to go out and get props for my photos. Honestly. I just havent gotten around to it.

Fantastic photos/carve Ravens!!! I love it. Now we just need Depp as Ichabod and we're set!! I'm ready for more pictures. I'm stoked to carve, I just need to bide my time!
By Raven
I really wish the thought had occurred to me to carve the Sleepy Hollow grinning jack to go with this one. Actually, it did occur to me, but the thought left my head and only came back a little while ago. :(
By staticfurball
Great pic Raven , I love your choice of background.