Propose new ZP merchandise or review the goods you've ordered.
By NikkiRae
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
NikkiRae wrote:Are we going to get another long sleeved shirt this year? I missed out on the Pumpkins of the Decayed in my size :(
I don't want to give anything away but... okay, YES!
Woohoo! :D Thank you for sharing! Definitely brightened my day!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Very few of those decals left, so I took them out of the shop. They were tricky to keep every design in stock since some sold more than others. I have a few kicking around though. Joey, if you want to send me a PM and let me know which character design you might want, we can probably work something out.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
I hear you pagemaster1993. Every year I hope to experiment with at least one new sort of apparel item. I have plenty of ideas! Until then, I hope you're not fit to be tied. ;)
By matspud
When are you expecting the Stick and Carve in? I want to order some and a medium long sleeved "lab" but don't want to have to pay 2 lots of shipping?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The Stick 'n Carve is being shipped to me at the start of the week, so I expect to have it by mid-week. I would start taking orders for it now, but I just want to make sure I get it and that I have all the proper shipping supplies for it.

I can let you know when it's in stock. Definitely wait to order everything together to save on shipping fees. Sadly, the postal service significantly raised their shipping rates this year for international parcels. :(

By the way, this Stick 'n Carve stuff is really neat (and if you didn't recognize the design on the package, I have an affiliation with them 8)). I was very pleased with my tests of this product. We'll talk about it more I'm sure. I have photos of videos that demonstrate how well it works.
By staticfurball
Is there any chance of hoodies this year?? maybe a few? or a preorder system and when you get a big enough batch print them.....hmmm
By Zombie Pumpkins!
No hoodies for 2013. But hopefully one of these future years. They're a big endeavor due to their size. They take up more storage space and are more costly to ship. But hoodies are great. I still wear my 2009 ZP hoodie all the time. Today in fact.
By punchi
Oh dear! I need more money! I Love the work shirt. And all the others! Can't wait to try the stick and carve. Does it work well on foamies... wondering if it would pull the paint off.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
punchi, the Stick 'n Carve works great... especially on foamies! I tested it on live fruit, and a foam-kin. Works very well in both scenarios. The adhesive back is just right. It's sort of like a "tacky" sort of stickiness. It stays in place securely while you carve, but can be re-positioned if you don't place it right at first. And when you're done, it pulls off easily. But... if you're nervous about peeling it off, you don't even have to. Run some warm water over it and it dissolves away. Really cool.
By Ajax
Is this your preferred method over saral paper? Or is saral paper still #1?
By punchi
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:punchi, the Stick 'n Carve works great... especially on foamies! I tested it on live fruit, and a foam-kin. Works very well in both scenarios. The adhesive back is just right. It's sort of like a "tacky" sort of stickiness. It stays in place securely while you carve, but can be re-positioned if you don't place it right at first. And when you're done, it pulls off easily. But... if you're nervous about peeling it off, you don't even have to. Run some warm water over it and it dissolves away. Really cool.
Thanks! I trust you completely, Patch Master!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ajax wrote:Is this your preferred method over saral paper? Or is saral paper still #1?
You know... I may need some more experience with Stick 'n Carve before I can say for sure. I'm certain that all carvers will have different preferences. I've shown people how to use the handy dandy Saral paper, and yet some folks still tell me they prefer the hole poking method, which I personally think is the most tiresome way to do it.

When you factor in things like the complexity of the pattern you're carving, the shape and density of your pumpkin, and the tool you're using... well you might choose one transfer method over another, based on what feels appropriate. Saral might be more cost effective for a large number of pumpkins, because it comes on a roll and you can even reuse it if you're sneaky.

But for pure ease and speed of carving, Stick 'n Carve could be a game changer. Think about it... print the pattern, stick it on your pumpkin, and... just start carving! You basically skip the transferring/tracing step entirely.

I have several foam pumpkins I've been meaning to carve (with Universal Monsters like Mummy, Bride, etc). After carving my first foamkin with Stick 'n Carve, the process went so fast, I wanted to stick down another sheet of the stuff and plow through another carving. Because the material is water soluable, it sort of "melts" with a crisp clean line, thanks the heat of the versa tool heat blade. Much like the way the foam just slices so easily.

And for real pumpkins, the thin translucent material is easy to saw through without any noticeable resistance. And unlike similar methods using traditional sticker paper or regular paper with glue, there's no worry about how to remove the pattern. No picking at the paper, or soaking it in water overnight. Just run it under water and it dissolves away within moments.
By Hottie McNaughty
I guess I like the tracing process with the Saral. It allows me to customize the pattern as needed. Like for a smaller pumpkin I might eliminate a few smallish details or for a bigger pumpkin I might space out certain elements to allow for the larger carving surface.