Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By CorpseBride
nosferatu wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Good points, nosferatu. But over mom's white carpet in the dining room, even the vampire guests know to put down a plastic tarp before they feast.
I've forgotten what the original colour of our carpet actually was. Two kids, two dogs and a cat combined with fruit juice,blood, play-doh,vomit, various nappy related accidents mean it's the perfect place to commit a murder. Those CSI guys wouldn't be able to figure out what was from where, when and from who.

Your mom's white carpet means that you are either trusted or well trained or both. Can she please put up some video tutorials on how she keeps that carpet white? Or is that where the whip originates from?

"RYAN! "What's this on MY carpet?!!" whu-cchhhhhh!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious Nos. I have come to the realization that I hate carpet. I am ripping it out of my new place. I may keep it in the bedrooms for now (to save on costs). If I have to scrub juice out of the carpet one more time I might scream my little head off. Vamoose carpet!!

P.S- Thanks Ryan, now that song is stuck in my head!!!
By sloaner
Great costume Ryan, I'm just glad you didn't dress up as VIP #5(I think that's the right one)
Yes, you do seem to be digging up my old costume topics. Fine by me.

Cool figure, I certainly see the resemblance! I would have liked to have had a bandoleer across my chest for that costume. But it wouldn't have made sense for my characters backstory. The unwise cowboy who brought a bull whip to a gun duel.
It's great seeing all your older costumes, Ryan. As I'm so new here I missed them all first time round. I LOVE the idea of putting costumes together but my life doesn't have much point for it. It's so rural here, there are no shops to buy cool Halloween stuff (not even pumpkins), no trick-o-treaters of any kind, no parties and no-one to see any costume I might want to make and put on. The only other two people wouldn't appreciate it at all. They've said they will try to carve a pumpkin each if they ripen in time, but that's it. So for this year I'm going to concentrate on mastering the pumpkin carving, which I've never done before and which I can't wait to try. Having only ever carved turnips (and loved doing that) I think pumpkins should be fun.

And maybe over the next year try to get some materials collected for a costume for a photo-shoot at least. It won't matter if no-one would see it in person. It would be nice to share it here. And I have an idea of how I could make something suitable for where I live. So thanks everybody here, for so much inspiration. I wish I'd found this site years ago.
Don't worry GeordieKin, you have us to show all your spooky creations to no matter how small. We all appreciate seeing what each other come up with in the halloween season and beyond. We sometimes feel few and far between in our love of halloween (especially in the UK) so sharing our work with a load of other crazies on this site makes it all the more enjoyable. It's like pumpkin carvers annonymous, except no one kicks the habit. :D
GeordieKin wrote:So for this year I'm going to concentrate on mastering the pumpkin carving, which I've never done before and which I can't wait to try... It won't matter if no-one would see it in person. It would be nice to share it here.
GeordieKin, that's exactly right! That's the great fun of a forum like this. Every Halloween I know that I have an audience of like minded friends and e-quaintances to share my pumpkin carvings and costumes with. It doesn't matter if you don't get many people to see your work in person, because it can live on in photos, and be appreciated as we share our work here, trading compliments and constructive criticisms. I can't wait to see how your first real pumpkin carving experience turns out, we're all rooting for ya! :thumbsup:
GeordieKin wrote: And maybe over the next year try to get some materials collected for a costume for a photo-shoot at least. It won't matter if no-one would see it in person. It would be nice to share it here. And I have an idea of how I could make something suitable for where I live. So thanks everybody here, for so much inspiration. I wish I'd found this site years ago.
I also live in a very rural area. I have no neighbors and have heard more than once from the one and only pizza place that will deliver to our house "I never knew there was a house back here!". That is, after they call us to ask where the house is because they are lost. So, all the pumpkins I carve are for everyone here basically. I don't get any trick or treaters and since you can't see my house from the road outdoor decorations are kept to a minimum. I also dress up and although I'm far too old to ToT, I am lucky to get to go with my nephews and niece each year. However, it's not unusual for me to change my look throughout the year, simply for a picture to show on here or Facebook. It's much more fun to share pictures like that with like minded people.

I look forward to seeing your first pumpkin carves and hearing what you think about the experience!
Thanks! It's so good to meet everybody here. We have no neighbors either. The house can (just) be seen from the road but people tell us they've driven past for years and never noticed us. I like that in many ways, but it can feel a little isolated. We were snowed in for six weeks a couple of winters ago. Still, that would be a good excuse to use the time to carve any leftover pumpkins!