Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By wookie66
I watched this movie last night and it is a must see. It is set in Norway i think and it is a subtitle movie but its worth it. They hunt trolls in the movie and not little ones these guys are huge. Its a hand held camera movie but very good and different. You can find this on Netflix and it is available to be watched instantly.
By keifferone
Thanks I having been waiting for someone to tell me if it is good or not. :D
By Batgirl
I LOVED this movie! It was incredibly fun!

As someone with Norwegian heritage I grew up with trolls all over the house. 3-headed ones, hairy ones, etc. I have this saved on my DVR and won't get rid of it until I buy it on BluRay.

I recommend it.
By monstermash
I saw "Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale" last year. It was from Finland I think. About the true story of Santa Clause, a creepy child killer that's thousands of years old. I really enjoyed it and have been meaning to get the dvd. Troll Hunter I thought looked as though it had a similar feel. I definately want to see it. Thanks for the reminder.
By monstermash
I know this is an old thread but I just got around to watching this and it is brilliant. I keep looking for Troll signs everywhere. A lone tire, big rocks that have no earthly business being where they are, rings of Pylons. They're out there man!!
It definately recommend Troll Hunter. If your not a fan of watching films with subtitles there is a dubbed version on the dvd. I liked it in Norwegian personally. Great winter night film. :)
By nosferatu
monstermash wrote:I saw "Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale" last year. It was from Finland I think. About the true story of Santa Clause, a creepy child killer that's thousands of years old. I really enjoyed it and have been meaning to get the dvd. Troll Hunter I thought looked as though it had a similar feel. I definately want to see it. Thanks for the reminder.
" True story?" :lol:

Troll Hunter sounds good and based on your "buy the DVD and if you don't like it, I'll pay the refund", I'm gonna buy it now. I'm a big fan of Nordic drama, The Killing etc and much prefer subtitles to dubbing.
By zombombie
nosferatu wrote:
monstermash wrote:I saw "Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale" last year. It was from Finland I think. About the true story of Santa Clause, a creepy child killer that's thousands of years old. I really enjoyed it and have been meaning to get the dvd. Troll Hunter I thought looked as though it had a similar feel. I definately want to see it. Thanks for the reminder.
" True story?" :lol:

Troll Hunter sounds good and based on your "buy the DVD and if you don't like it, I'll pay the refund", I'm gonna buy it now. I'm a big fan of Nordic drama, The Killing etc and much prefer subtitles to dubbing.
I can see why there is dubbing but give me subtitles any day.
Last edited by zombombie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By monstermash
I can't be doing with dubbing, it drives me mad.
nosferatu wrote: I'm a big fan of Nordic drama, The Killing etc and much prefer subtitles to dubbing.
Please tell me you watched Lillyhammer on BBC4.

Ok if you don't like Troll Hunter it i'll send you my grim reaper as a refund. It didn't seem to much like a horror to me, I think its got something to do with the Nordic sense of humor and dead pan expressions. They seem to take everything in their stride, even three headed trolls.
By nosferatu
My two favourite shows are Lillyhammer and The Thick Of It. Van Zandt should give up music and concentrate on acting. BBC4 has a lot of hidden gems that deserve more attention. Instead we are subjected to Total Wipeout.
By monstermash
I only really watch Lillyhammer on the BBC just now I think. I used to love Buzzcocks but this series so far has been pretty poor.
I watch Getting On on too, I really like that. I usually end up finding something really good in the middle of the night on bbc4. Ive found lots of good docs about old blues singers and that sort of thing as well as good comedy and drama.