Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By rosesrunred
Anyone going to see it? I'm excited to see it, though i know nothing can compare to the original..

Im dissapointed its not coming out on Halloween.
By Tkaraoke
I follow a geek movie website (ain'titcool.com) and I try to take any early news about movies with a grain of salt but so far the people who have seen special previews of the movie say it's not exactly gang busters. I haven't seen Zombie's other movies so I don't know what to expect with this one but they still have time to improve the movie before it comes out. I also had heard Zombie went back a few weeks ago and shot some more footage so who knows what the final project will look like.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I don't really think classics need to be remade, but I'm a fan of Rob Zombie. Not necessarily his first two films to be honest, but I do think he understands the genre and genuinely cares about the original. So I hope he'll do it justice. Either way, you can count on me seeing this in the theater.
By Tkaraoke
Yeah, I agree that Zombie does have a great respect for the source material and he'll put it together to give us the best project he can.

I also agree that Hollywood needs to get off the "re-make" train. When I heard that they were going to re-make FOOTLOOSE, I had to choke back the bile that was coming up my throat.
By rosesrunred
Yeah I agree why remake a great classic. It can never match up to the original. I like Rob Zombies films so I am interested to see what hes going to do with it. I like the trailer, dont really care for how the young michael myers looks with the long blonde hair.

I live in NYC so the opening night here should be fun :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I think one of the main elements of "newness" that Zombie is bringing to this version, is more back story with young Michael. Seems like he's really proud of how he's fleshed out that history. Making it work could be tricky though. The audience will either love it or hate it.

While I understand that the young Michael story was the only vague area that Zombie really had available to expand on, I'm not so sure I'll care for it. What I liked about the original Halloween was that this silent masked man was stalking kids and you had absolutely no idea who he was (other than Dr. Loomis's ranting) or why he was doing the stalking. That was creepy.
By rosesrunred
Yeah I agree, thats what made it really scary - you knew nothing about him, he seemed like a monster. ,,also the music throughout the movie made it very scary to me.
By rosesrunred
Well I saw it last night, Pretty big let down to me. I liked the first half , i thought it was scary,but then the movie went very downhill for me. I feel it should have just been based on Michaels childhood and maybe ended with him escaping.. The movie was good up until the remake part.
Then I was bored, couldnt wait for it to end, found it laughable. The girl who plays Laurie is an awful actress and Dr. Loomis, that was just a disgrace.
It wasn't scary, I never jumped, thought the halloween music did not go with the film.
Walked away from the film feeling depressed.

I enjoy Rob Zombies films and I'm a fan of his but I don't think he should have made this movie or should have just been based on pre-halloween,,I read he signed with Dimension films, hope he does not make more Halloweens.

Just my opinion,
By belli
I agree...the new Halloween movie was a disappointment to me too :( It wasn't as gory as the other Rob Zombie movies, which I was happy about but it just all seemed unecessary. To me it's scarier to not know why Michael turned out the way he did. Also, the timeline seemed strange. The childhood scenes seemed like the 70's, the original started in the 60's. The later scenes on this movie, it was hard to tell. Was it the 70's, 80's, 90's, present time? What made me question the timeline was that Loomis and Lynda had cell phones.

I saw the midnight showing so later on that night, I had to see the original over again.

I think Rob Zombie would've been better off just making another horror movie with a different bad guy.
By rosesrunred
I agree about the timeline, the first part of the movie seems like the 70s, but now I think it could be the early 90s, long hair, flannels were in early 90s, but why the 70s music? The KISS shirt throws everyone off.

Cell phones were not really used that small until about 1997, before that the cells were HUGE and people used beepers.

I really think the 2nd half of the movie takes places now-2007. The clothing in the 2nd half looks like clothes from now, even Loomis' haircut and beard. Lauries friend has a Slayer shirt on, which makes you wonder. .

Maybe Zombies wants us to guess or not know.

My guess is the first part takes place in 1992 and secon half 2007.
By KILLER KLOWN
I agree with you guys...

First let me preface this by saying I am all about suspending dis-belief and just enjoying a movie for what it's worth.

Now, that said, I'm cornfused :? The original was definately based in 1963 and this one was obviously set in the 70's for the begining. Here's where it gets weird. Michael goes away for 16-17 years, so that would make it 1996 at the very latest. Take a look at the cars and the obvious cell phones. The second half is definately present day. Whoopsie :!:

The first half was pretty cool. The Mother's a stripper, Step-Dad is an out of work, wife beating drunk. The kids picking on Michael at school and him getting his first kill. The insane asylum. All good stuff. They should have stretched that all out a little more, added a little more gore and ended it when Michael arives in town after breaking out. A prequel of sorts. :)

Well that's my 2 cents. Here's a link to the Synopsis if anyone is interested. If you haven't seen it don't check the link out. It gives it all away... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373883/synopsis

Later...T
By belli
Killer Klown is right, if you haven't seen the movie and plan to, don't read the synopsis. You won't have to see the movie if you read it. On the other hand, if you read it, it'll save you the $9.00 movie fee :D Just kidding. Even though I didn't really like the movie, I'm glad I saw it. I was so excited to see it and really wanted it to be good.

Although I didn't care much for the excuse of why he became a killer (I prefer the mystery of why he ended up that way), the part that I really didn't like was the second half. The timeline, the sense of urgency that this Michael had, he even ran in this movie. The original Michael seemed more calculated. He watched from the shadows and then attacked.

I agree with you guys it should've ended after he escaped from the hospital and them showing him arriving in Haddonfield and then queue the theme song.