Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Starparty
I host a Trick or Treating party. My driveway is cut into the hill my house sits on so it makes for a great alley to party in. I line the sides with lights and put the food table in the back. All my pumpkins sit on stands so it looks like they float on the hills. All the guests are required to bring at least one bag of candy to hand out. My neighborhood is sort of the epicenter of a handful of other neighborhoods that aren't good to trick or treat in so they all get driven into my neighborhood. We will get usually 150-250 kids a year! It is always fun to see the shock on the kid's faces when they go to the house and see a line of 4 of 5 people handing out candy at one time.

Trick or Treating is from 6-8 but we don't break down until closer to 10 because all the parents and neighbors that were handing out candy come over after to see the display. I think I'm going to finally break the 50 carves mark this year!
By DoomCookie
Wow! 150-250 trick or treaters!? I am jealous! :lol: I always buy lots of candy with the hopes that I will get a bunch of trick or treaters but we never do. And living right next door to the cemetery you would think that we would! I am still kind of at a loss on what new traditions to make now that my daughter is a teen and is far too cool to be seen with her Mom on Halloween night. Last year was the first year I didn't take her trick or treating. Guess it's time to make a new plan!
By NikkiRae
DoomCookie wrote:Wow! 150-250 trick or treaters!? I am jealous! :lol: I always buy lots of candy with the hopes that I will get a bunch of trick or treaters but we never do. And living right next door to the cemetery you would think that we would! I am still kind of at a loss on what new traditions to make now that my daughter is a teen and is far too cool to be seen with her Mom on Halloween night. Last year was the first year I didn't take her trick or treating. Guess it's time to make a new plan!
I live in the heart of the city right next to a cemetery. We get about 150-250 here. And since I was about 16, I've been staying home and dressing up to pass out candy. Though I never really was one of the "popular" kids, so I didn't really get invited to parties :? I like seeing all the little kids in their costumes all excited to be out Trick or Treating. Staying home is a better fit for me.
By SuperSonic
I'm always at home on Halloween. I dress up, and give candy out to the kids. This year, since I am unemployed and living off disability pay, I will have A LOT less to worry about (I.E Getting up early for work, coming home at 5, then getting ready for 6-7pm).

I will have the WHOLE day to carve and get everything ready. That reminds me though. I must check on my pumpkins!

*Spongebob narrator voice* Later that afternoon

I tend to get about 150-200 ToT'ers a year. In another post, I mentioned the numbers over the last 5 years. The day (the Halloween falls on) depends on how many I get a year. I'm hoping for a total of 175 or under this year. I don't think I'll break 200. Not on a Wednesday.
By shaft28
EarthGBilly wrote: The year after that? Technically, one, I suppose. It was a woman, dressed in regular clothes. She knocked on the door, and said, "I'm trick or treating for her," pointing to a carriage at the bottom of the steps.

Sure, no problem. Here, she ought to enjoy... this full size Butterfinger.
Every year we get a few people who come to the neighborhood that don't live here, which is fine as it is a nice but older neighborhood so only a few folks do that (I know others that get hundreds of kids bused in which is kinda crazy). Anyway one year a toddler and a baby in a carriage with mom, dad and grandma came to the door - with 5 bags open for candy. Now mind you they did not grow up in the US so may not know the custom but I was very clear candy was for the kids and if mom and dad (and grandma) want one they need to dress up. They laughed, but I write in chalk on the walkway "No costume, no candy" (and "teenagers without costumes will be eaten").
I'll give a sullen teenager with no costume a candy bar (full size only at my house) but only if they are out with a younger sibling. But mom and dad asking...come one. Now if mom and dad want a beer or margarita I'd be more than happy to oblidge!
By NikkiRae
We get a lot of kids around here that throw on a backpack and go trick or treating. When I ask them what they're supposed to be, they tell me they are students. That's great and all, but put a little effort into it. Give me a mask or some makeup. Anything! My mum gets mad when I deny to give them candy. Especially when they're rude. I'm tough. I also refuse to give candy to any of the older kids that don't say "Trick or Treat" or "Happy Halloween". You're grown. Learn some manners. Don't just stick your bag in my face :P
By shaft28
NikkiRae wrote: My mum gets mad when I deny to give them candy. :P
You should give them a penny. One of my all time hated Halloween treats and that was 30 years go...with inflation that's super insulting now!
By ghostface
Well since you have to be 12 or younger to go trick or treating in my town :?, I'm going to try to dress up this year and hand out candy. I will also probably be on the forums and carving a few last minute 'kins.
By shutterbug
Well...we do it twice.The first nite is the 30th,which is the busiest.We get folks from ALL over...some are from 3 hrs away!We start lighting the 750 + pumpkins about 4:30 & keep them lit till about 10.Then we move the majority of them bak from the road so as to discourage any punks.Then the 31st I try to move about 1/2 of them around & finish any that aren"t carved.We'll start lighting them about 4 so the trick O treaters start to show up about 5:30!
Last year we went thru about 37 cases of potato chips!!!
You can hardly move around our neighbourhood because of all the cars!!!
Never get to see what others have for displays tho.
Over all it's a very successful show...last yr we got 3400lbs of food & about $1000 for the London Food Bank!
We're going to get the 1st installment of Kin(400) this Saturday...
By sloaner
I haven't gone out begging for treats in many years. I would just decorate my parents house and carve about 10 foam pumpkins. We normally got about 10 kids but after I started to decorate we managed about 30. But I just moved to a new city and bought my first home with my wife and was told I should expect more than 100 kids this year. Since it is my first Halloween at this house I will be having a BBQ/Party for some friends the weekend before and decorate the crap outta this place. On the big day I plan to display 8 - 12 pumpkins in the garage with my hallowindow going and maybe some extra pumpkins in the windows.
By Raven
ghostface wrote:Well since you have to be 12 or younger to go trick or treating in my town :?, I'm going to try to dress up this year and hand out candy. I will also probably be on the forums and carving a few last minute 'kins.
Remind me not to move to your town.. :wink:

I walk around ToTing with my niece who is 14 this year, and my two nephews, ages 6 and 8. The youngest always wants me to go with him up to each door. I am usually in costume, but I don't walk around with a bag trying to get candy. I usually stand back from the door a little and make sure he says "Thank you" each time. I always end up with a number of people still insisting I take some candy, too. The year I dressed up as a vampire I had one slightly weird guy tell me I was "hot" and invite me inside his house. He had the theme from the movie "Halloween" playing and a ton of lit candles. I politely declined his invitation. :P
By sloaner
LOL that last part sounds creepy Raven. Its like last week at the gym someone came up to my wife and offered her a job because she "looked right for the position" :lol: Unless she was a stripper I don't think he could know if she would fit a job description just from looks.
It's fun to hear what everyone does on the BIG day. Lots of variety, but nice to see everyone get into the spirit somehow, even if you just hang with your lit pumpkins and watch a horror movie.

What do I do on the biggest day of the year? Sit at the computer and answer customer support questions for this site all day. :lol:

But as the sun gets low in the sky, there's not much else I can do with the site, other than let it run it's course. At that point, I finally step away from the computer and allow myself to actually enjoy the holiday.

I put on my costume, and give my jack o' lanterns a last look. Drag out the fog machine, turn on the strobe light, place the tombstones on the lawn. And await the arrival of the trick-or-treaters and their parents who will hopefully be all "ooh" and "ahh" over the pumpkins.

Friends and family stop by throughout the night to see the show, and I'm running around like a mad man. It's really all a blur. At any given moment, I could be handing out candy, relighting candles in my pumpkins, socializing with guests, taking countless photos, checking on the music and projector, or shoving a sweet snack into my mouth for an energy boost.

Once the ToT-ers stop ringing the bell (or we run out of candy, whichever comes first) the porch light goes off. But the pumpkins stay lit, of course! At this later point in the night, I finally get my first chance to sit down. Whichever friends/family are still lingering will gather around the table for some food. A Halloween feast.

As the witching hour arrives, and all the guests file out, it's time for me to do final photo shoots. Before the costume comes off and the pumpkins are blown out, I have to make sure I have adequate pictures to document everything. And with my perfectionism, this photo work can take a while.

By the middle of the night, I'm running on fumes. I shamble to the bathroom and scrub off the costume makeup. I plop down on the couch to finally relax. I put on a Halloween movie to wind down my night (usually Trick 'r Treat or Nightmare Before Christmas). But I usually don't make it past the opening credits before passing out.

I mumble to myself, "Another Halloween.... I did it...." and then I sleep for about 15 hours. :lol:
By Rich D
I spend the day setting up my carves and then hand out candy with my wife. Actually, I try and keep the dogs quiet(ish) while she hands out candy. We normally get around 70 kids. I also have to field the questions from the parents about my pumpkins.
By zombombie
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:It's fun to hear what everyone does on the BIG day. Lots of variety, but nice to see everyone get into the spirit somehow, even if you just hang with your lit pumpkins and watch a horror movie.

What do I do on the biggest day of the year? Sit at the computer and answer customer support questions for this site all day. :lol:

But as the sun gets low in the sky, there's not much else I can do with the site, other than let it run it's course. At that point, I finally step away from the computer and allow myself to actually enjoy the holiday.

I put on my costume, and give my jack o' lanterns a last look. Drag out the fog machine, turn on the strobe light, place the tombstones on the lawn. And await the arrival of the trick-or-treaters and their parents who will hopefully be all "ooh" and "ahh" over the pumpkins.

Friends and family stop by throughout the night to see the show, and I'm running around like a mad man. It's really all a blur. At any given moment, I could be handing out candy, relighting candles in my pumpkins, socializing with guests, taking countless photos, checking on the music and projector, or shoving a sweet snack into my mouth for an energy boost.

Once the ToT-ers stop ringing the bell (or we run out of candy, whichever comes first) the porch light goes off. But the pumpkins stay lit, of course! At this later point in the night, I finally get my first chance to sit down. Whichever friends/family are still lingering will gather around the table for some food. A Halloween feast.

As the witching hour arrives, and all the guests file out, it's time for me to do final photo shoots. Before the costume comes off and the pumpkins are blown out, I have to make sure I have adequate pictures to document everything. And with my perfectionism, this photo work can take a while.

By the middle of the night, I'm running on fumes. I shamble to the bathroom and scrub off the costume makeup. I plop down on the couch to finally relax. I put on a Halloween movie to wind down my night (usually Trick 'r Treat or Nightmare Before Christmas). But I usually don't make it past the opening credits before passing out.

I mumble to myself, "Another Halloween.... I did it...." and then I sleep for about 15 hours. :lol:
I hope you know how much we all really appreciate your hard work boss! And I'll always raise a drink to you at my party - which without your amazing work would be pumpkinless and vertically sad indeed!