Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By nosferatu
Ditto here Matspud. Tesco has a full aisle of Christmas chocolate and biscuits ( nobody buying) and no Halloween related items at all. Like you said, it's always rubbish anyway. Given their buying power you would think they would be able to provide an excellent range and dominate the market. Sadly not.
By matspud
Even ASDA isn't up to its usual slightly above mediocre standard. I think they stock too much trash and not emough "different" stuff. The cool stuff sells out quickly ( unless it is too expensive ie the animated witch they had) and they are left with a pile of crap. They really need to vary their stock and get on some better stuff. :?
By nosferatu
Exactly. Cool, different stuff sells out fast. The tat stays on the shelf. Even John Lewis are poor. The buyers responsible for these chains obviously have no idea about Halloween at all. If I see one more packet of plastic spiders I will probably have a meltdown in aisle 5 that would be worthy of Michael Douglas in Falling Down.
By MooBoo
I have been very disappointed with the selection this year. Last year it seemed like stores were getting with the programme, i found there to be a lot of choice. But this year Asda haven't got any of the animated props they had last year, TK Maxx by me haven't started stocking anything, Clintons cards costume selection has shrunk dramatically, and even the pound shop has been disappointing. Its very sad, when will they realise that Halloween is getting just as big in the UK?
By monstermash
MooBoo wrote:I have been very disappointed with the selection this year. Last year it seemed like stores were getting with the programme,

Thats what I was thinking last year, "finally they are starting to get it" but alas no. My Tesco Has the same as you Matspud, a few crappy kids costumes and a gazillion different christmas puddings and cards. And if I see one more Jaffa Cake stocking filler i'll scream. Its shocking how bad it is.
Generally I'm not a big fan of a lot of the merch anyway, i'd rather have some decent old stuff, second hand curios and spooky old bits and bobs but I need shops for skulls and the like. I think we all need to move into one street and start up our halloween shop/kin farm/haunt.