Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By nosferatu
I noticed they had those at the weekend yet no actual Halloween merchandise on display. One box I picked up had a Best Before date of 18 October!
By zombombie
Asda have started stocking their Halloween stuff! You can see from this pic that there are big gaps, but it's good to see they're getting it out there!

I did buy a couple of things:

A small plastic tombstone, maybe 7" high, thought it could sit on my toilet! :lol:

A skeleton bucket for collecting the votes in for my costume competition

And this rather cool wooden diner sign that I'm going to hang above my table for only a £1! They had 3 different versions of these, the one I bought, one was a cafe and one was a hotel

They had some half decent stuff I thought, all at a reasonable price, like big clunky plastic chains that could be used for costuming or decoration. Looking forward to going around the shops this weekend, I'm hoping more and more stock will start hitting the shelves now :)
By nosferatu
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be in Assa tomorrow so will check it out. I like that menu.....wetting my appetite and making me hungry for Halloween
By S.A.M
I thought perhaps some of you may be interested in this website I've just found;

Lights4Fun http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/c/q/halloween they're based in Harrogate, N. Yorks and whilst the items do look a tad expensive they have some nice stuff I've not seen elsewhere, I was particularly taken with this item: (not my pic, just didn't want to hotlink it)

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/i/q/XM-PUMP ... ltage-20cm

So I bought it and I think it's fantastic! I needed some indoor Halloween decorations I can have up throughout October and this light up pumpkin was ideal, it's looking great on my shelf :lol: It's made out of orange, black & green acrylic plastic strands that are almost woven together, it looks like a ball of molten lava when it's lit up! The face design looks basic but I love grinning jacks and this lets me have one for as long as I want without it turning mushy and stinking the place out.
By monstermash
Was in Costco today and they had a tiny drop of halloween merch. This skeleton is the only pic I can find (didn't have my camera with me).
It was £33, 60" tall I think.
There was a large cross with skulls and RIP on it. Big sturdy prop but it was £35.
I then nipped into Sainsbury's in search of Jean Paul Gaultier coke bottles and saw they were selling kins! They were a pretty good size for supermarket kins but still only 9" high, not quite big enough for me. I still bought one though...
By pagemaster1993
I thought about buying one of those, but decided not to. They do look pretty awesome. Maybe they will be on sale at the end of October.
By matspud
I got the skeleton. Wanted to get the tombstone but my sister and mum moaned so much about not having room for it in the car that i didn't :? That was all the had apart from a cute tealight haunted house when I went.
By monstermash
matspud wrote:I got the skeleton. Wanted to get the tombstone but my sister and mum moaned so much about not having room for it in the car that i didn't :? That was all the had apart from a cute tealight haunted house when I went.
Yeah, I saw the tealight house as well and a porcelain ghost with light up eyes. At least I think that was what it was.
zombombie wrote:Holy crap!! Pumpkins?! I'm going to need to try and get to Sainsbury's ASAP!
That was the Sainsburys next to Ikea in Edinburgh. That one was their Monster size. It was £3. I think you could fit certain patterns on at a squeeze without re-sizing. Maybe the rounded ones like Howl-O-Ween.
The trouble with the supermarket kins for me, apart from the size, is that they pile them up in those cardboard boxes so they are easily bashed and you can't get to most of them. They should have them in rows to choose from, I mean they could sacrifice the drinks aisle or the crisp aisle for a couple of weeks.
By matspud
flipping Tesco - an aisle of christmas cards and wrap and biscuits but NO halloween decs. Just a few kids costumes. Not missing much though - their stuff is usually low quality kiddy crap. :?