Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By belli
Hi all...haven't done an intro yet but have been carving ZP's for the last 3 years. Been a carver since I was a kid doing the traditional jack-o-lanterns and patterns from PM books. Started carving character type pumpkins when I became an aunt 11 years ago. For the kids (and for me :D ). At that time, I had to make my own patterns like: Darth Vader, Scooby Doo, Spider-Man, Buzz Lightyear etc. Found the ZP site in 2003 and have been carving Ryan's patterns ever since. I usually carve 7-15 pumpkins every year.

Have enjoyed reading and posting to some of the discussions this year and look forward to getting & sharing tips with all the pumpkin carvers on this site.

Here's a link to the 15 pumpkins I carved this year plus photos of the pumpkins my friends carved. It was their first year carving and they really liked it so I'm sure they'll carve again!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I just noticed that nobody replied to this topic yet. I'd offer you a welcome Belli, but your post is from December and I already know that you're a veteran when it comes to ZP carving. Have you received your goodies in the mail yet, for your "honorable mention" status?
By amandap80
Belli,
your pumpkins are awesome. Congrats on your honorable mention. What tools do you use?
By belli
Hi amandap80...thanks for the compliment but I must say, your pumpkins are awesome too (winning Best in Show proves it) and your whole lawn display is way cool!!

As far as tools go, I use the regular tools that come in the kits that they sell at all stores. I did buy the Warren Cutlery Pumpkin Carging Kit last year but I got it too late to actually use it. I'd also like to try one of those pumpkin gutters but I kind of enjoy the whole gutting process :D

I see you received your prizes already...I'm still waiting for my goodies for honorable mention. Maybe it'll come in the mail today. I told my boyfriend to keep an eye out for it. Everyday since I sent Ryan my address I ask..."Has if come yet?" He says I sound like Ralphie's dad in A Christmas Story waiting for his "Major Award" :D "Tonight! Tonight! It's coming Tonight! Tonight! Tonight! Tonight! Hot Damn, Tonight!"

Well, like you I'm already thinking about this year's pumpkins and decorations. I look forward to seeing your photos for 2007

Congratulations again on winning Best in Show and Happy Carving :D
By belli
zombiepumpkins wrote:Have you received your goodies in the mail yet, for your "honorable mention" status?
Hi Ryan...I got my goodies on Saturday. Thanks so much :D !! The magnet is on the fridge and I'm going to decorate my orange tool chest with the stickers.

Here's a link to my prizes on display (4 pictures).

Can't wait to see your 2007 creations!!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Cool pics, Belli! That looks like a mighty fine toolbox for your pumpkin tools. Who makes that tool chest? Even though it's probably not made with carving tools in mind, if it's orange it seems like a perfect fit!
By belli
It's orange alright...got it at home depot. When I saw :shock: it, I had to get it for my carving tools. Cheap too...around $10.00. Here's what it looks like:

By Kittie
That is a pretty neat idea!
By belli
Just a thought :idea: The orange tool box might be a neat prize for the 2007 contest winner. The inner tray is removable with nice space below, Ryan could fill it up with the other ZP goodies that the winner gets.
By Pumpkin King
Welcome to the ZP forums. Those are some impressive carvings. As we get closer to Halloweeen you will see the activity pick up in the forums. I'm already doing some planning for what I plan to carve for this year.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
belli wrote:It's orange alright...got it at home depot. When I saw :shock: it, I had to get it for my carving tools. Cheap too...around $10.00.
Hmph, no tool boxes like that at my local Home Depot. They had grey ones, but that just won't do when I know there's a perfectly Halloweeny orange/black one out there somewhere. My hunt continues.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Update: I was driving around today, taking the scenic route (okay, okay, so I was a little lost) but I ran into a different Home Depot store so I took a look inside. They had orange toolboxes there (a little different than your's Belli) and I scooped one up.

More info on this topic here
By joeincogento
A toolbox! Every year I scramble through closets and the garage trying to find where I stored the carving tools (I always in a place I'm sure I'll remember then always forget). Why shouldn't they have their own toolbox to call home while those "other months" roll by. Belli, you've shown me the obvious and made my life that much simpler. Unless I forget where I've put the toolbox.
By belli
joeincogento wrote:...Unless I forget where I've put the toolbox.
If you can find the orange colored ones at Home Depot you should be able to spot it amongst your other stored items. All my tools, even the pumpkin gutter fit in the toolbox. It really makes things much easier when all the necessary tools are all together.