Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By Tkaraoke
I just saw ParaNorman today and thought it was epic and totally worth the time to check out. I really enjoyed the animation and even though it was in 3D, I felt they didn't do the whole cheesy "poke the audience" gimmick. I was hopelessly sucked into the movie and the final act moved me emotionally like any good movie should. There were some intense screens that I could see would scare little kids but for the most part I think they cold handle it. My only problem (at the beginning) was that I though some of the characters (Mom, Dad, and in someways The Sister) were designed kind of grotesque an had to get used to thier appearance. Mom's slopped forehead still makes me scratch my head but by the end of the film it wasn't an issue with me. I really loved Coroline but I really, really loved ParaNorman.
By Tkaraoke
I really have no desire to see "Hotel". It looks so painfully "cookie cutter" to me. Trying to be hip by using current popular celebrity voices doesn't help in my opinion.
By CorpseBride
That would be the coolest parcel ever!! I love the expression on the face :) I hope to see it this week...even if it isn't fabulous, I am sure I will still love it. The character designs are enough for me to want to watch it...they are right up my alley.

Hotel Transylvania looks AWESOME! I just showed Eli the trailer and he wants to go see it right now :lol: That Bingo scene cracked me up.
By sloaner
Just got back from seeing Paranorman. It was ok but not as good as I hoped. There were lots of people laughing throughout the movie so I guess many others enjoyed it too. There's a good messages in there for kids and not to treat others badly just because they are different.
By maegnus
I really enjoyed the film, but I feel like something was missing. The visuals were stunning and the acting was wonderful, but it seemed to drag in spots in an attempt to hammer home an obvious message. I can see this being good for kids, but I know I was kind of tuning out.

For me the biggest let down was seeing that the zombies weren't harmful within minutes of them breaking ground. They made that "twist" way too transparent early on, which took all of the suspense out of the chase scenes. I'm normally not crazy about slapstick humor, but they nailed it in this movie. My friends and I were laughing throughout. I just wish I felt a little more of a spooky halloween vibe.
By pagemaster1993
Saw it yesterday. I did not think it was that bad really. It was a little weird watching something that was Claymation that was not from the hands of Tim Burton.
By matspud
I loved it. Funny, scary, silly, sad. There were a couple of bits that dragged a little but overall a great movie :D
By Lala
We just saw this last night - I loved it!! We didn't take the kids (my stepson and godson - 6 years and 9 years) - I think they would have thought parts were scary. I can't wait to carve Norman now!!
By pagemaster1993
Paranorman is most certainly on my carve list now.