Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By nosferatu
With two children of different sexes and different ages, we have a continuous stream of baby, toddler, child ephemera and associated crap that we are continually looking to sell. One option we use are car boot sales. Normally, I never look at other peoples' stalls as I still have a garage load of rubbish to shift. Today however, I had a stroll around and picked up the following:

I already have a skull of this design and used it photographing the Swedish Chef last year this one is concrete and obviously from a similar mould but slightly bigger. £3. They don't quite match due to the quality of the cast but its nice to have a matching pair. Apparently, he had sold 9 already today. Damn, I would have bought them all.

This rusty etagere cost £3 too. The football is to see how many pumpkins I reckoned I could feasibly fit. Six, maybe 7 UK sized pumpkins. Its a bit rusty but rubbed down, painted and covered in cloth, not a bad buy.

I think it was monstermash who used candelabras in her photos last year. They looked really good and left an impression. Haven't found anything remotely as good as hers but these cost £7 for the pair. They are too tall and very plain but again painted and aged with wax they may make a good background prop.

By monstermash
Great finds Nos. I keep meaning to go to a few car boots but can't seem to get up early enough! I was always dragged round them as a child as my dad is a bit of a collector of antiques and general tat (thus explaining the choice of candelabras). Ive haven't been to one in years, just a few auctions. It's amazing what you can still find and if you've got your halloween head on you can spot some great bargains with even greater potential. That plant pot stand is a pefect example, most people would have overlooked it due to a tiny bit rust. David Dickinson would be proud! :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You can find some great finds at sales like this. One man's trash is another man's treasure. My mother likes to frequent tag sales (aka yard sales, aka garage sales) and has really padded out her collection of Halloween decorations this way.

Nosferatu, I'm a bit jealous of the items you picked up, I could find use for all of those in my Halloween displays, no doubt!
By pagemaster1993
Nice finds Nos and cheap too. In fact you may not even have to remove the rust from the pumpkin rack, it adds to the detail.
By Raven
That skull is fantastic! I would have bought it, too. It would stay on display year 'round in my home.

Maybe I should start going to more sales around here...
By Lala
Okay, I wish we had those here! I go to a ton of yard sales, but I've never ever found any Halloween stuff :-(
By monstermash
zombombie wrote:I'm heading to a flea market this morning, will be sure to post any finds :)
Did you find any bargains? Or was it all baby clothes and phone chargers?
By zombombie
monstermash wrote:
zombombie wrote:I'm heading to a flea market this morning, will be sure to post any finds :)
Did you find any bargains? Or was it all baby clothes and phone chargers?
Sadly there were both bargains to be had :( Never mind though, went to Discount UK today and got a severed limb and a plain white sheet for a few quid... my plans are coming together... mwahahaha! :twisted:
By nosferatu
I bought these two green men at a sale in Alderley Edge today. Not overly scary. They are about 8 inches long. £10 each.Image