Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Raven
I think Home Goods has stores around the U.S. I just happened to stop in one the other day and was pleasantly surprised by their selection of Halloween decor. I could have loaded my cart up with things, but as I have not yet won the lottery I had to leave some things behind. They had some Halloween themed accent pillows that I might go back and get, and a cool muffin tin with spooky shapes. A lot for table settings and serving items. They also had a lot of bedazzled skulls with flashing LED eyes, glittery pumpkins, wreaths, costume accessories and a lot of other decorations. If you have a store near you, check it out. Here are a few things I did come home with.

I got these for my dining room table. Now I have the urge to get other things like a spider web table runner and some creepy centerpiece.

These bottles came together in a set. The tops do not come off. I'm really into potion bottles this year.

They had a lot of bottles like these in different shapes and colors.

They had small tombstones in different motifs also. These are not as small as the ones you can find at the dollar store, but not full size.

And finally water globes.. I had a hard time choosing what I wanted. They had so many different ones. The skull hand plays "Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead". They had several others that played different songs, and a lot that were not musical.

Let the decorating begin!
By DoomCookie
I really love the potion bottles, I need to see if we have a Home Goods store near by!
By nosferatu
Essence of Bat's Breath. Think that's what the lady who served me earlier today in Boots had been drinking. Not saying she had bad breath but you could use it as an anaesthetic .

Love the position bottles and the metallic / pearlescent bottles too. You can never have enough bottles. However, the skull candlestick holders are my favourite.
Ah, you beat me to the punch, RavensDestiny. I was just about to post pictures of my findings from Home Goods. I don't remember seeing anything you posted in my local store, which just goes to prove what I heard... their inventory is acquired pretty randomly and often rotated as the season progresses. I like the potion bottles you got (I too have a thing for bottles as decor) and I have those same tapered skull candles! They were a Christmas gift a few years ago.

Well here's my report from Home Goods. First I'll show you what I came home with... soap, for starters. Who wouldn't love their hands smelling like pumpkin spice?!

And for decorative items, I brought home this bandaged Egyptian. The silver metallic paint job matches a lot of my other decor. And I had to grab this guy because it dawned on me... among all my Halloween stuff, I have almost nothing mummy related. I've changed that now...

Speaking of table-top statues, I was also tempted by this one. An armored headless horseman, holding his replacement jack o' lantern head...

Home Goods has goods of all sorts. Rather than a shelf full of duplicate items, you'll find a random pile of unique things...

This skull reminds me of the one RavensDestiny just painted. Only this one is more... sparkly....

Speaking of sparkly, I was totally enamored with these skull stacks, but not the glitter they were shedding all over the place. I don't mean to keep hating on glitter. It has it's place. But I wish Halloween manufacturers didn't feel the need to coat EVERYTHING with the sparkle stuff. It makes a mess, and In many cases, it's not necessary. Anyway, I do like the sculpt of these skulls. The bottom one has a base of crossbones, and the top one has a spot to hold a tea light candle...

A dapper crystal skull man...

I really like the art style here. Sort of like an old medical illustration. This is a light box, the "BOO" letters illuminate when you plug it in...

I also appreciate the vintage Halloween designs on some of these products...

These "Keep Calm" signs are getting pretty played out by now, but this is one I can get behind...

Call me crazy, but I think this skull-perched raven might be spookier without the glitter. And the tinsel garland. And the church hat...

They had a few good sized busts. They take up a little space, but have good impact. This one looks to be a nosferatu type...

These water globes were everywhere, all sorts. And a skull that is growing a scalp of diamonds. Reminds me of a Chia Pet...

A wider shot of one of the displays. Too bad those mummies were a bit cheap looking, those would be fun to have...

A nice selection of candles, including some Yankee Candles left over from previous years. Most of this stuff is 1/2 the price of standard retail price...

This lantern was pretty massive. If you've ever seen my living tomb, you'll know that I'm a fan of the red/black color combo.

Signs, pumpkin, witches...

Another sculpted bust. Now this one was very haunting...

This black bird is a candle. Would you have the heart to melt it down? Nevermore...

Closeup of a couple of the snow globes. Most of them were pretty classy...

More soap! Spooky vanilla, candy corn, and other scents good enough to eat...

One more wide shot. Home Goods has a nice array of items, and despite the overuse of glitter, a lot of these things are pretty classy. Check it out if you have one near you...

By Raven
I think your store had cooler stuff than mine did, Ryan. Some was the same, but I didn't see a lot of that in my store. I would have bought the black and purple glitter skull. I love glitter, but hate how easily it sheds glitter all over everything. I don't like it enough to get a lot of the larger items that are covered in it, although I'm usually tempted. I'll probably head back in a few weeks to see if they have different spooky items.
What a great collection of goodies...lovin the soaps, potion bottles, and that oh so creepy bust of the lady with half a skull face. But by far my favorite item is the BOO Light Box!! I want that so bad it hurts!!!!!!
I was in Home Goods yesterday, but it was the one on Magnificent Mile, so it's an absolute mess (much like most other stores on Michigan that aren't, you know, Cartier). I wish they'd had those block signs, I probably would have picked up one or two. They did have some pretty good spiderweb kitchen accessories - mainly cupcake holders and candy bowls, all black metal and pretty cool. May go back on a week day after it gets colder and all the tourists leave.
I wish we had one of those closer to my area. We are a bit short-stocked of classy Halloween decor here.
By matspud
This is the stuff TK Maxx is selling in dribs and drabs in the UK. I am desperate to get 2 more of those lifesized glitter/sequin skulls on stands :( :( The gargoyle water globe is ace too
matspud wrote:This is the stuff TK Maxx is selling in dribs and drabs in the UK. I am desperate to get 2 more of those lifesized glitter/sequin skulls on stands :( :( The gargoyle water globe is ace too
My mum was in our local TK Maxx yesterday and said there were a few bits and bobs. She mentioned glittery skulls. Which particular skulls were you after? Incase i'm in the shop, i'd be happy to get a couple for you.