Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
That's cool Jimm, you can give use the scoop on Bath and Body. :) As for the giveaways at Yankee Candle... nobody mentioned anything on that topic while I was there. Didn't see any signs about it. So if they were giving away free stuff, they must have been doing it pretty secretively or something. Heh.
By JimmOfTheDead
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:So I wonder how this Saturday's "Preview Party" works. Apparently there are giveaways every hour.

Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:That's cool Jimm, you can give use the scoop on Bath and Body. :) As for the giveaways at Yankee Candle... nobody mentioned anything on that topic while I was there. Didn't see any signs about it. So if they were giving away free stuff, they must have been doing it pretty secretively or something. Heh.
I knew somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread... and it was you! :P

While I was there, a customer asked an employee a question (which I didn't hear), and the employee's response was something along the lines of "we don't have any right now, but we do one at the top of every hour." I didn't have time to stick around, so I missed out. But, since they didn't have the candle I wanted in a smaller size, they gave me a $10 discount, which was completely unexpected and much appreciated.

I'll be sure to start a Bath & Body thread when I get the full scoop (unless someone else beats me to it).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I guess I wasn't there at the top of the hour either. I actually stopped by 2 Yankee Candle locations that day. Both are on the same street, so they were kinda on the way.

Jimm, I believe last year you mentioned that their Halloween stuff was 50% off by mid October. That's when you picked up one of your bride and groom Boneys. I'll have to remember to check their store at that point in the season (as if I have the free time, ha) to see if I can pick up any good last minute sale scores. I don't expect everything I want to still be left when the final sales happen. The best stuff will likely sell out. But who knows, maybe what I want is not what everyone else does.
By JimmOfTheDead
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Jimm, I believe last year you mentioned that their Halloween stuff was 50% off by mid October. That's when you picked up one of your bride and groom Boneys. I'll have to remember to check their store at that point in the season (as if I have the free time, ha) to see if I can pick up any good last minute sale scores. I don't expect everything I want to still be left when the final sales happen. The best stuff will likely sell out. But who knows, maybe what I want is not what everyone else does.
You have a better memory of my Halloween purchases than I do! But now that you mention it, I do remember the half-off sale and as you said, much of the inventory was depleted by then. Maybe the wine bottles will be less popular this year though and you'll be able to get a set on sale.
By pagemaster1993
I received their Catalog yesterday in the mail. Will probably order from that instead of going to my local Yankee Candle Store.
By staticfurball
I want that big Haunted House! Ok I need a catalog.....
By pagemaster1993
I never really knew why we started getting a catalog. The other odd part is that we only get the one about Halloween, and I figured it would be a seasonal thing. Well who knows. Does not really matter I just want the Halloween stuff.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I had a coupon card for Yankee Candle, so I decided to just pick up the remaining items that I had my eye on there. I took some photos of my acquisitions to share with you.

The wine bottles, with metal bases of spider webs. Tealight flames appear to be mysteriously floating inside.

Because I didn't want full size jar candles for all the new fall fragrances, I picked up some votive candles of the scents I don't have, such as Apple Pumpkin and Caramel Pecan Pie. So of course I needed a votive holder. The hear/speak/see no evil skull does the trick.

And although they were pretty much sold out everywhere, my inside source gave me a tip that a few more skeleton jar clingers would be arriving in store at a certain day and time. Score.

C'mon, aren't these bone heads pretty hip and humerus? :wink:

By sloaner
Nice score Ryan. Did you really get all that great stuff or are you pulling our leg, I know you wouldn't tell a fibula. But I did have my eye on a few of those things. I have never been into a Yankee Candle but I will check it out next time I go to the mall.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
sloaner wrote:Nice score Ryan. Did you really get all that great stuff or are you pulling our leg, I know you wouldn't tell a fibula.
Are you running a femur or something, of course I always tell the bonafide truth. You can ask anyone in the immediate radius. (okay, I'm all out)
By pagemaster1993
Nice choices. I am getting three of the Hear, speak, and see no evil skull candle holders along with some other stuff.