Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Raven
sloaner wrote:RD- are you planning on making a little grave yard diorama inside the foam kin? I saw someone post pictures of that before and it looked cool.
I'm the one who posted those pictures before. :) I'm not doing anything nearly that big this year. At least I don't have anything planned yet.

I do find myself wanting to start decorating already. Buying new things is just too exciting and I don't want to wait to put them out.
By Raven
I was back at Michaels today. I'm sure they are going to have me brought up on stalking charges or something. There were a few different items on the shelves, but still no plaster skulls or which heads to paint. :x Foam 'kins were 30% off today, 8/10.. not sure how long that sale will last. I know a few people here that have Halloween themed Christmas Tree's so you might like these ornaments they had.

These were my favorites.

I kinda liked these guys too. There is a place in the back of there head for a tea light which would make their eyes and mouth glow when lit.

Thanks for the photos, Ravens. Looks like Michaels has put out more stuff since I was last there. I'll have to stop in again one of these days. Sorry to hear that your location still doesn't have those plaster heads you seek!
I went back to Michaels to see the rest of their Halloween stuff. If you're not sick of seeing pictures yet, here are a few more things I spotted.

They're carving custom pumpkins again, with your family name as part of the design. Prices range from $15 to $35 depending on the size and design you want.

They sell the versa-tool heat knife right next to these pumpkins. Someone should tell them to actually use that tool to get smoother edges.

Canine costumes. Interesting and specific choice for a craft store. Why not human costumes too then?

Tablecloths and other fabric to hang about...

Pretty cool ghosts, just hanging out...

Aww, don't be sad little guy. You have a long afterlife ahead of you...

Hanging bats, severed limbs, ground-breaking skeletons. Just another typical night...

Pygmy skeletons, micro-pygmy skeletons, hanging ghouls and witches, flying brooms...

These lanterns had blinking LED lights inside. I was tempted to get one, but they're cheap foam. I bet I can find better lanterns...

A pretty nice cylinder that you light up by placing a candle or some other light inside...

These look new. Wooden chests to store your potions, spells, hexes and charms. Finally! I've be leaving my charms strewn all over the floor...

Skeletal ladies and jeweled candelabras. How fancy...

Crows, ravens, owls. Made extra spooky with... um... glitter...

I'm not sure if these products are sold new, or second-hand...

And that's it. I probably won't be buying anything else, other than the foam pumpkins, of course.
By Raven
Finally my Michaels has the plaster paint yourself items. I've been checking every few days so I know they haven't had them out long, but they were already almost out of them. They may have more to put out on the shelves but today they only had one haunted house, two pumpkins and a few skulls. I bought one of the skulls. I want to attempt to paint it like a Day of the Dead skull, but I'm not sure if I'm going to accomplish that.

They also had a lot of baking things out if anyone is having a Halloween party and wants to make some creepy treats. Candy and cake molds, ect. Also table decor like place-mats and table cloths, ect.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:

Here's the skull I bought, with the metallic paint job. Also available as a slightly smaller skull on a black pedestal...
I bought the skull on the pedestal last year at Michaels, he is my Kitchen Night light :) I have a seriously endless supply of battery operated tea lights. I got a box of 1000 given to me as a prize for pumpkin carving a few years ago! LOL

Anywho I haven't been by Michaels yet, I am trying to keep my distance as best as I can. I have decided to take my little man to Disneyland in January so I need to save my pennies as much possible! I will be on a budget this year...so that just means more hands on crafts! I will definitely be hitting up Michaels atleast a few times with those fancy 40% off coupons though :) One item at a time...I will have all my goodies.

And that sad little ghost is just too cute. :kiss: