Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By jeffinski
Hi Everyone. I'm a long time ZP fan and visitor but this is my first post.

Today I went to the local Dollar Tree and saw a few Halloween goodies and thought I'd share them.

Seeing as how everything is only $1 you can imagine that the quality isn't that high but there are a few gems. First there are some Styrofoam tombstones.

Lenticular old changing photos, plastic door knockers, creepy cloth, cartoony plastic skulls

PLastic LED lanterns, paper candelabras, more tombstones, and various paper decorations.

Small Tombstones, Witch, Dracula, and Skeleton? figures.

More of the same and some snow globes.

More of the same and some skull and pumpkin bowls.

I bought the figures and a few of the tombstones and some of the creepy cloth.

I also took a trip to Michaels and saw a few things that weren't in the previous post so I thought I'd throw them in as well.
they had some foot mats.

I bought this little dracula rubber ducky
:D
Welcome to the forum, jeffinski! First, I must say I love your avatar. You should tell us more about the source of that image. ;) Maybe in the Other Eerie Artwork section of the forum.

Thanks for grabbing those pics at Dollar Tree and sharing them here. I have a Dollar Tree nearby, this helps me decide if I need to run over there or not. As you say, the quality can be questionable for a dollar store, but some of it isn't half bad. The items have a sort of classic Halloween look to them. And here's another idea for the crafty artistic ones. Consider repainting some of the cheap props to your liking. Look what someone did with one of the plastic doorknockers. Pretty cool, huh?

Oh, and I love your Dracula rubber ducky. Haha. I have several devil duckies in my bathroom but have never seen a dapper vampire one.
By pagemaster1993
I rarely go to my local Dollar Tree. The quality is not great, but Halloween is always a time when I do my best to buy some cheap Halloween Goodies. Though I would never ever buy Halloween candy there.
By jeffinski
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thats a great idea to repaint those door knockers. I think I'll give that a try myself! Thanks for the tip, Patchmaster!

My avatar is from a comic book I created with a friend of mine called "Robot Lincoln and Zombie Jackson". It's funny book about 2 former presidents who have been transformed into a Robot and a Zombie and fight against the forces of evil. You can check out more at www.robot-zombie.com
By sloaner
jeffinski wrote:
My avatar is from a comic book I created with a friend of mine called "Robot Lincoln and Zombie Jackson". It's funny book about 2 former presidents who have been transformed into a Robot and a Zombie and fight against the forces of evil. You can check out more at http://www.robot-zombie.com
I just read issue number 1. Not bad, at all.

Tommy: Mr president a horse will no longer be able to support your weight.

Lincoln: Poppy-cock!
By Raven
Wow, something is wrong with my Dollar Tree. I went there on Friday and all they had were the door knockers and the cloth. They didn't even have any area's cleared where they might be stocking new things soon. I guess I will have to start harassing them to get things going. I like the tiny tombstones.

Thanks for the pictures, letting us know about the items and welcome to the site!
By pagemaster1993
RavensDestiny wrote:Wow, something is wrong with my Dollar Tree. I went there on Friday and all they had were the door knockers and the cloth. They didn't even have any area's cleared where they might be stocking new things soon. I guess I will have to start harassing them to get things going. I like the tiny tombstones.

Thanks for the pictures, letting us know about the items and welcome to the site!
Stores are like that. They probably did not get the shipment in yet and do not bother making room for it until it comes.
By Raven
jeffinski wrote:I took another trip to Michaels and found these little vinyl halloween toys. I picked up 4 to paint later.
UGH! There is something wrong with my Michaels, too. They had ONE of those in Frankenstein's Monster. None of the others. I want the bat thing. Still none of the plaster painting things Ryan posted a picture of either. I'm moving to another state. :x
Ah, the blank vinyl toys are back? Cool, I haven't seen them in stock at my local store yet. RavensDestiny, sorry to hear that your Michaels is dropping the ball so far. Hopefully they'll put on the goods soon.
By pagemaster1993
I saw those at my local Michael's, but did not get any. I would probably mess up on them with my shaky hands.