Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By pagemaster1993
Well at least it is a sequel and not a remake. At least I hope it is not just a remake that is passed off as a sequel.
By ghostface
Hmmmm.. Not sure how I feel about this, but I LOVE Hocus Pocus!! I'm interested to see how this pans out....
By DoomCookie
I am excited and have my fingers crossed that will be great!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Interesting news. If this follow-up will be "a completely different tale featuring a new cackling sorceress" then is it really a sequel, or just an attempt to cash in on a recognizable name? Well, I wish the production luck. If done properly, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have another fun Halloween tale that is in the "spirit" of the original movie.
By OldTrustyLegs
I just hope it's not a straight to video kind of deal like so many other Disney sequels. The original is near and dear to me (been watching it every single Halloween since it was released) so I'd not be pleased if it didn't live up to the name.
By sloaner
Ya I liked this movie, fun for all ages. And it's the only time I ever found Sarah Jessica Parker attractive :lol:
By Beast75
I remember seeing this in the cinema when i was young. Still a great movie, im not sold on what they have planned for a sequel though. Hopefully same cast .
By monstermash
I think I'd only watch this if it was the same cast, just because Bette Midler, SJP and Kathy Najimy were so good in the original. Sounds to me like another attempt to make a quick buck on the back of a much loved halloween classic. I'm probably being pessimistic and a little over protective.
By Pennywise
I'm definitely not sure what to think of this. Hocus Pocus is one of my top favorite movies and I watch it constantly (mostly because I loovveeee Bette Midler and Doug Jones). It's a pretty old movie to suddenly bring back from the grave for a sequel.
By pagemaster1993
Pennywise wrote:I'm definitely not sure what to think of this. Hocus Pocus is one of my top favorite movies and I watch it constantly (mostly because I loovveeee Bette Midler and Doug Jones). It's a pretty old movie to suddenly bring back from the grave for a sequel.
I agree, I guess Hollywood is running out of ideas for new movies. I do not see how. With a little imagination the possibilities are endless.
By CorpseBride
Hmmmm not too sure how I feel about this. I guess one plus would be that the excellence that is Hocus Pocus (the original) could be introduced to a younger age group with the release of a sequel....maybe?

I sure hope they don't butcher it.
By Brooky
Why do a sequel? most films rarely do well as sequels/prequels (Prometheus ring a bell?) I loved the original and watch it every Halloween (sad but true, just like we watch Scrooge with Alastair Sim every Christmas), this sounds like a direct to DVD film to me!