Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
Going to see this tomorrow, Friday 13th...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
This one seems to have an interesting concept. Friday the 13th sounds like a great day to see it. I'll have to decide what horror movie I'll be watching for this mini holiday. :twisted:
By ghostface
Thanks for the feedback EZ! Can't wait to see this 1!
By monstermash
Original, scary, funny. Highly recommended from me. EZ is right just go and see it, dont bother watching trailers or reading reviews. I already want to see it again. :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You're a good group of horror fans (here on the forum, and the web in general). Because most of what I read basically said, "Just go in to this movie not knowing anything." And after seeing the film, I'll second that statement.

Kudos to Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard for coming up with a cool concept. And credit must also be given to the those in charge of promotion for holding back in the trailers and letting plenty of things be a surprise.

Non-horror fans might not "get" the movie. But any fan familiar with the classic tropes of the genre should love the way they are referenced, and then turned on their head. It's a movie that I expect to appreciate even more when I see it a second time.

It has some scares, but a surprising amount of comedy too. The vibe sort of reminded me of "Drag Me To Hell" in the way it just went over the top with stuff, which was both humorous and freaky. Poking fun at horror, but clearly made with a love for the genre.
By vibhandaka
Apparently I am in the minority because I saw this movie on Friday 13th and did not like it. It wasn't scary and I thought the plot was lame. I just didn't get it. *shrugs*
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Don't feel bad, vibhandaka. The consensus seems to be that it's kinda polarizing. It's pretty "out there" so if you're not inclined to buy into the idea and go for the ride, it could seem like a far fetched mess. People I've talked to have either loved it or hated it.
By Hottie McNaughty
I've been saying for years that unicorns were hard core. Finally!

Anyhoo, I loved this movie. I though it was clever and original in a purposely trite kind of way. The Mr. and I were in the theater alone so we were able to chat a bit during the movie and I think that helped. Can't wait to see the extras on the Blu Ray!
By ghostface
Just picked up The Cabin in the Woods today and I loved it! So many twists and turns! So now I say bring on a pattern of Merman!! :D