Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
Where I live, Mother Nature decided to go to battle with The Great Pumpkin this year. A pretty bad snow storm hit us right before Halloween, which really made things different.

When a heavy, wet snowfall lands on trees that still have their leaves, you're going to get branches breaking. And with falling limbs come broken power lines. Much of the state was hit with power outages. Seems like everyone I know had some issues. No heat, no power, no cable, no internet, or no phone.

I heard talk on TV that "Halloween was cancelled this year." Phooey on that! Not for this Patch Master. You don't cancel Christmas when it snows in December, do you? The show must go on. I lit my pumpkins, slithered into my costume, and in my best Beetlejuice voice I exclaimed, "It's showtime!"

Unfortunately, there wasn't much of an audience for my show. Typically I expect to see hundreds of trick-or-treaters. But this year the doorbell rang only sporadically, with about 30 kids spread throughout the night. I thanked these kids for being brave enough to venture down the darkened streets, sloshing through snow and stepping over any downed power lines they might encounter.

Those who showed up did offer the usual "oooohs" and "aaaahs" for my pumpkin display, which is enough to make it all worth the effort. And I struck fear into the eyes of some of the kids, so that means the costume was a success too.

Most of the kids were polite, although there was that one older girl who put out her hand for candy, and when I placed a pack of Raisinets in her open palm, just just gave me a look as if to say... are you serious?

She said, "Raisins!?" I replied, "Hey, they're healthy for you." She said, "Uh... don't you have any candy?" I responded with, "Raisinettes are candy. Get outta here and go suck the chocolate off them."

This Halloween was a little different, but it's still another one for the record books. I'm still hearing rumors that kids will actually be trick-or-treating next weekend, for a "Halloween observed." But I'm exhausted, so I'm blowing out the candles and calling this season complete.

Plus, now that all these Raisinets are gone, I'm keeping the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for myself! :twisted:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Plus, now that all these Raisinets are gone, I'm keeping the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for myself! :twisted:
If I'd known you had Peanut butter cups I would have made a special TOT trip to see you ( not saying what I would have done with the raisinettes though :twisted: )

Sorry that you Halloween was a bit of a bust because of the weather - welcome to life in Scotland :lol: Actually we have a lovely night here. We had all of ................... ( wait for it)............................2 trick or treaters and one of them wasn't in costume as she was just bringing her younger brother round to see us :) ( he is terrified of me - I say hello to him every morning as his reaction is so funny :twisted: :twisted: ).
By nosferatu
We had about 30. We weren't back till 5:30pm so missed all the really young kids.

As ever, people were in awe of the pumpkins and extremely polite. This year we never really had any older teenagers who don't make much effort but want the sweets-all seemed relatively young and full of wonder for Halloween. All had dressed up and they looked fab.
By Hottie McNaughty
It was pretty cold here and due to being on a Monday, TOTer's were a little slow. The ones that showed up were really cute and polite and loved the pumpkins. Lots of picture taking!
By Raven
We took our 2 nephews and niece ToTing as we do every year. We did see more kids walking around the neighborhood than usual. It was cold and cloudy but no rain or snow. Once it got dark however the kids were almost all gone.

The kids got a huge haul of candy, and most of it was pretty good stuff. Not one Rainsinet box.

I've decided next year I am leaving a ZP flyer or sticker at the houses that have carved pumpkins out. I didn't see any ZP designs. :x
By matspud
RavensDestiny wrote:. I didn't see any ZP designs. :x
Matthew did :D He went TOTing with one of his friends and saw Night Owl. He was dead chuffed and asked the woman what her name was on the forum but she hasn't joined it. :cry:
By CanadianCarver
Our night was good overall. A very light rain started about 6pm so I was worried we were in for a bad night. It stopped pretty quickly though. We had about 115 trick or treaters in total, which I was happy with. Glad we didn't have snow, sorry to hear that Ryan. You need to move to Canada where it is much warmer to avoid all that snow! :D
By nosferatu
Love those skeletons in the trees. They would be perfect in winter hidden amongst the snow covered branches
By Chewy
CanadianCarver wrote:Our night was good overall. A very light rain started about 6pm so I was worried we were in for a bad night. It stopped pretty quickly though. We had about 115 trick or treaters in total, which I was happy with. Glad we didn't have snow, sorry to hear that Ryan. You need to move to Canada where it is much warmer to avoid all that snow! :D
Personally, I recommend the wonderful pacific north west. Yes, we have webbed feet, but, it makes for wonderfully scenic locales and i'll trade rain for freezing my butt off just about any day! :)

We had two trick or treat sessions this year, one massive haul in Disneyland - we ended up leaving 3/4's of her haul (about 30 POUNDS) with the hotel staff, couldnt fit it into the bags that were already stuffed with clothing & souvenirs... and my daughter was out with my wife & some of her little buddies terrorizing the neighbourhood (one major advantage of living in a massive townhouse complex with lots of compact single family homes all around us - it looks like they mustve hit 200 homes in about an hour and a half)

Weather wise, in Disneyland - clear, dry about 25 celcius during the day, maybe 15 or so at night. At home, clear, dry, blustery (played havoc with the fog machine!) & unseasonably cold - i think we were down around 5-6 degrees, although if i hadnt been wearing shorts, id have probably thought it was a little warmer. I always wear shorts though (see my note about the pacific northwest!)

The neighbours and I had a great time chatting, scheming, laughing & generally showing great community spirit while handing out candy at our places. Didnt have to dip into the reserve this year and at one candy per kid estimate we had 225-250 kids which was less than last year, but didnt really seem like it at the time - the ToT session was *very* compact this year (school night we figure). Kicked off in earnest just about 630 and by 8 had tapered off to pretty much a hard stop with just a few teenagers prowling about.

I did scope out my neighbourhood later in the evening, sadly, saw just a handful of zombie pumpkins - and, surprisingly, the houses that had them, had just one. I guess they mustve gone with the "lite" plans...

Overall, a great time. Now, need to get back to work, only 364 days left & SO much to do! :)
By monstermash
We had about 5 kids in a group together. It was very windy and wet so that would have put lots of parents off coming round. We don't get many kids anyway. I lit up the kins in the garden for them to see. One of the kids asked if he could have one. NO CHANCE!!! :twisted: :lol:

The skellies in the snow look lovely though.
By Kittie
We probably had 100 trick or treaters and well over 500 people show up for our display. Unlike your weather Ryan, we actually didn't have it to bad. It was around 45 til dark, dropped down to 36. Not to bad.
By pagemaster1993
We got only eleven Trick-Or-Treaters at our place. We were all prepared for a lot of them but I think either the weather or the location was bad. Either way we have plenty of Tootsie Pops left.
By MooBoo
We had 3 TOT none in costume but they did paint their faces, so they got the poundshop sweets and kept the good stuff for us :lol:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:...She said, "Raisins!?" I replied, "Hey, they're healthy for you." She said, "Uh... don't you have any candy?" I responded with, "Raisinettes are candy. Get outta here and go suck the chocolate off them."...
:lol: Hilarious.

We hardly get any kids where I live. I am on the outskirts of town so not a whole lot of reason to head out this way. We only had 11 trick or treaters. Next year I am going to contact the paper to put something in there (ran out of time this year, they were busy covering a bomb threat...wtf??). I have already enlisted 3 people so far to help carve so I expect there to be a very large display. However I have always just carved kins and put up a display for no other reason than to celebrate the holiday and enjoy it with my family. Plus being able to live in a scene from a horror movie for a month or so (without the fear of getting killed) is the icing on the cake.
By snow2alike
Ryan, I love the pictures of the snow skellies in the trees !!

I never want snow on Halloween --- but since is has happened ---- I'm loving the pictures !! They have a spooky tranquility to them!

I have a fan of my pumpkin page who lives in PA and was snowed under for Halloween. Some of her pictures are stunning! So much so ~~ I'm sharing.

CLICK PICTURE TO VIEW ALL OF IT