Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Well, no new ones carved yet but I've gotten a good start on the porch decorating. Went and picked up the first round of pumpkins at the farm today. They gave me an even better discount this year and we totaled 620lbs. I'll be taking some carves up to the farm in the coming weeks and they said they'd send me home with some freebies. :P

My bestie, Kendra and I in the midst of the gourds. My shirts arrived just in time!

The harvest:

I'm pretty proud of the pumpkin hauling capabilities of the FIT.

Got some more decorating work to do but it's getting there:

Thanks for looking and I'll probably start the season with a carve tonight. Hmmmm....what shall be my first carve?
Last edited by Hottie McNaughty on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 18 times in total.
By Hottie McNaughty
They had some really interesting ones this year so I went for the weird ones. My favorite is the green one that's shaped just like a bell pepper. :lol: There's also a really cool half and half one that I'll take a pic of....it's amazing!
By ghostface
Holy Smokes thats a lot of pumpkins!! :P
By Ajax
They look great love the long stems and unique shapes and sizes.
By Justice
I get ONE pumpkin a year. ONE. So i have to make it count.
By Hottie McNaughty
Justice wrote:I get ONE pumpkin a year. ONE. So i have to make it count.
Just one?? :shock:
By OrangeOrb
I'm so envious of your pumkin haul! My pumpkin crop was a total failure this year... I like the spooky tree in the corner-do you mind if I ask what it's made out of?
By Hottie McNaughty
OrangeOrb wrote:I'm so envious of your pumkin haul! My pumpkin crop was a total failure this year... I like the spooky tree in the corner-do you mind if I ask what it's made out of?
It is a pre decorated tree that I found at Michael's last year. It's wire a pipe cleaner type of stuff....kind of like a fake Christmas tree.
By monstermash
Wow, pumpkins as far as the eye can see! You have a fine looking crop there Hottie. Lovely porch too. The pics I see of cars full of kins always make me smile. :)
By Starparty
Niiiiice! I love the piles in the FIT! It is a pumpkinpaloza!
By Hottie McNaughty
Well, got the first carve under my belt. My hand was getting a bit crampy but it was a super easy kin to carve. It was a thick one but not super dense so the inside shaved down really nicely.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Muy bien. I'm glad to hear the pumpkin consistency made for a smooth carve, to balance out the detailed pattern! The first of many winners from you, no doubt. Pace yourself, don't wear out that carving hand before Halloween.