Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
Here's a new show you'll watch to check out.

The 4-part one-hour miniseries "Making Monsters" will follow the owners of Distortions Unlimited, a shop that specializes in the creation of animatronic beasties and haunted house designs for the amusement industry.

Making Monsters airs on October 2, 2011 on the Travel Channel.

Here's a commercial that shows what it's about:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

This is all part of special Halloween-themed “Weekends to Die For” that run all month on the Travel Channel.
By purple1worm
Sounds interesting! I might check it out!
By ghostface
I'm deffinetly going to watch this!!!
By CorpseBride
I want that job. I would steal a kids entire Halloween candy collection for that career. So I guess it is safe to say I will be tuning in! Thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard about this show.
By ghostface
Making Monsters is going to be on in 15 minutes!!!!!
By pagemaster1993
I thought the first episode was good but I cannot wait until the next one. He builds a giant monster for Alice Cooper.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Loved this show too. They have reality shows about so many careers. You can watch all sorts of people just do their jobs... exterminators, mall cops, crab fishermen, parking enforcers, cake bakers. All of them can be edited into interesting stories if done right but... I can think of few jobs I'd rather watch that one that involves... making monsters!

The conceptualizing, the sculpting, the building, the animating, the selling and installing. This is a job I wouldn't mind having. There needs to be more shows about jobs like this. Sadly, I think Making Monsters is only a handful of episodes made for the Halloween season, not a show that is expected to repeat for more seasons.

Oh well, I'll be watching all the rest of these episodes. I too am looking forward to seeing that prop he makes for Alice Cooper!
By hkzombie
Saw the episode with the 'Alice Frankenstein'! I can't believe some of the deadlines the staff are under for projects like that. I thought the guy that did the enormous clay head of Alice was brilliant. It's great they are still the 'Mom and Pop' shop for Halloween. You got to love those rows of creepy grandmas and grandpas they were making!
By Batgirl
How creepy do you think that basement is at their warehouse? It's full of all the items that didn't sell! I would have trouble at that job because I would constantly think I see one without any power going to it moving out of the corner of my eye!

:o

Fun show!
By CorpseBride
So I was pretty bummed out to discover that I don't have the Travel Channel. ARGH! I guess I will just have to catch it online or pray it shows up on another network :cry:
By hkzombie
Batgirl wrote:How creepy do you think that basement is at their warehouse? It's full of all the items that didn't sell! I would have trouble at that job because I would constantly think I see one without any power going to it moving out of the corner of my eye!

:o

Fun show!
Didn't think of that! Lol, i was just so gung-ho over the cool things they made. I don't know what Basements have such a bad rep for things creepy especially when the lights dont work or the power goes off. However, I was pretty creeped out sometimes when I had to go to my basement. But for some odd reason, I did like the rank mold/mildew smell :lol: