Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By nosferatu
Series two brilliant and loved tonight's cameo from John Landis.

The Tina Turner impression though stole the show
By monstermash
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I was smiling from start to finish. I bloody love Psychoville! Yeah Tina Turner definately stole it. They never fail to disappoint me. What do you think of Silent Singer? Creepy or what!?! You can tell these boys love what they're doing. It's great looking for all the little references to old shows, films and books. I thought the Rope inspired episode in the first series was excellent.
By monstermash
What did you make of the finale then Nos? Do you think there will be a third series?
By nosferatu
Yeah, I think so. I'd like to see the Silent Singer developed more. The librarian was as sinister a character as I can remember. The premise for the second series was pretty tenuous but the acting was superb with a top notch cast.

Most of the main cast have now been killed off so I suppose they could develop it in any direction they wanted. I'd be gutted if they didn't do anymore. I actually think that a combination of characters from both series would make a great film.

Can't see it being re-made for US tv though can you?
By monstermash
hahaha not a chance in hell. I dont think the majority of Americans would get it, still to "British" and way too dark. Thats how i like my comedies though :twisted: . I was sad at losing Maureen and Mr Lomax but i agree with you about Silent Singer. I know he/she is silent but I'd love to see what sort of creepy voice they'd come up with he/she ever spoke. Imelda Staunton a was good choice too. 5* from me.
By nosferatu
Sadly, Psychoville has been canned so enjoy the DVD's of the first two series.

Mr Jelly will forever be an icon.
By GUS
I think Psychoville could & would be understood by a narrow span audience in the U.S. ....& all of Canada
Certainly judging by some of the comedy I watch over there.
By monstermash
nosferatu wrote:Sadly, Psychoville has been canned so enjoy the DVD's of the first two series.

Mr Jelly will forever be an icon.
I don't get why they stop funding great comedy like this and keep utter crap like My Family or Not Going Out on forever and ever and ever and ever. This is why I, apart from Shooting Stars and the Great British Bake Off, HATE the BBC.
By nosferatu
I agree with MY Family. Two great actors yet a totally laugh free script. It should have been Outnumbered.

The Psychoville team are developing new ideas but I can't believe that Mr Jelly will be no more and that the Silent Singer has song their final silent song.

I believe they took the decision to cancel before the BBC made it for them.
By monstermash
As long as they continue to make more strange and interesting new programmes. I adore those lads. Life wouldn't be the same without the macabre imaginings of the Leauge of Gentlemen.
Maybe moving to a different channel, say 4, might be better?

I just re watched League o Gents Apocalypse. What say you George of Asda?