Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
Someone told me that the store Big Lots had a lot of good Halloween stuff. So of course I had to go investigate. Now, everyone's definition of "good Halloween stuff" is different. I can be a critical judge of what really qualifies as "good." 8) This store had about an aisle or so of decent items, but nothing I felt the need to buy.

Some lawn signs on metal stakes:

I liked the hand, holding the "Trick or Treat" sign:

Some hanging items and table-top decor:

Outdoor decorations, mostly light up pumpkins, glowing spooky trees and orange/purple lights on strings:

These candle holders were one of the favorite things I spotted here. Mummies, skeletons and grim reapers holding a glass cup for a votive candle. One of the skeletons seems to have lost his head:

By pagemaster1993
Will have to take a trip to Big Lots next month, my trip to Michael's wore out my wallet to at least two dollars, but the best part is that my Big Lots is next to Every Days A Party who also has Halloween Stuff now.
By CorpseBride
Looks like quite a bit of cheese in their selection. But I do see a few things I guess I could buy :lol:

I am loving those candle holders!! They look pretty big....are they for tealights or votives?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yes indeed, some pretty generic cheese here. The candle holders might look larger than they are, since I took the photo so close. They're a few inches tall I suppose. The glass cup for the candle is pretty small and shallow, looked tealight sized to me.

And while the sculpts are pretty cool (I liked the mummy best, you don't see him portrayed that often in an item like this) the construction was kinda cheap. The blob of glue that is supposed to hold the glass cup in place had come loose on a lot of these.
By pagemaster1993
They look like they would hold tealights to me. Which is perfect since they make those electronic tealights.
By pagemaster1993
Never actually bought anything Halloween related at Big Lots yet. I may check it out the next time I am out shopping.
By CorpseBride
I just found out we are getting a Big Lots where I live. I will have to check it out :D They said it should be done by early September. Perfect timing :D
By snow2alike
Big Lots used to have better stuff --- now it's hit & miss --- mostly miss. I bought my favorite door decoration there about 8 years ago.

I've used the Spike and Buffy porch light covers since those patterns came out. (click on the picture to see Buffy)