Get control of your plans for digital diversions from the virtual realms.
So has anyone heard of the special Mortal Kombat character you can download to your Mortal Kombat game? If you did not. He invades your nightmares, he sees your fears, and he will claw you up. It is Freddy Kruger in Mortal Kombat.
By pagemaster1993
Well last night while watching Ghost Hunters International they had a preview on t.v. for Freddy Kruger to be a downloadable character on Mortal Kombat. Heard nothing about Jason Voorhees, but that would be cool to have a Freddy versus Jason Kombat.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The downloadable character is available as of August 9th, I believe. Here's a trailer that shows some Freddy fighting, and some of his fatality moves:

Would be even cooler if it was the original Freddy (Robert Englund) and not the one from the remake. And if I may be a geeky nitpicker, Freddy isn't supposed to have two bladed gloves. I guess they figured it would give him more options for fighting moves.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
And if you want to get reeeeaaaally picky, I heard that the story of Freddy in Mortal Kombat is that he was pulled out of the dream world to compete in the fights (to make him... well... mortal). In which case, he should not be able to do all his dream-world magic tricks, right?

Okay, now I'm really nitpicking. It is a pretty cool character to have in the game though. Interesting choice at this time. No new Nightmare movie is on the immediate horizon as far as I know. So why are they pushing the Jackie Earle Haley version of Krueger?
By zombombie
I read (Can't remamber where but I'll try and find a link) that said this Freddy was more a mix of original and new to create a sort of 3rd Freddy for the game. I don't know if I believe that though, looking at the character design.

I also read that his story was he was angry that Shao Kahn was killing people hence not enough dreamers to attack....

I could be wrong on both counts! ;)
By pagemaster1993
Despite all the wrong stuff: Two Gloves, not Robert Englund, and weird story. I think he will still make a very cool character for the Mortal Kombat Series.
By Ajax
Bring Jason in and i'm buying the game. Remember the old nintendo days with the friday the 13th game they need to bring that back.
By Ajax
Let me know when he has his own Little big planet character. :lol:

By Zombie Pumpkins!
I remember the old NES games featuring Jason and Freddy and such. Back then it must have been weird for NES games (aimed at kids) to be based on R-rated movies that kids weren't supposed to see.

With today's "rated M for mature" game titles, you'd think there would be more video games based on horror movies. There are surely plenty of horribly bloody games (so many with zombies) but not so many with movie villains in them. I guess the Saw movies got a couple games, but there must be other franchises that would make a good game.

Ajax -- I like the look of that Freddy costume for Sackboy. I haven't played Little Big Planet in ages, but a costume like that might get me to pick it up again.
By Ajax
The bram stokers dracula game for sega cd was bloody awesome. I would so buy a game like that. Anyone in this forum work for a game company??? Rockstar needs to pick up the Nightmare on Elmstreet , Friday the 13th Licence asap.