Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Euri
True! If I can figure out how to do it, I would love to do this as a Halloween costume this year.
By purple1worm
Maybe get a wig, trim some hair off and glue gun some rubber snakes from the dollard store. The rest is easy dress like you're going to a toga party with scary make up!!
By Euri
And that would work pretty well. You're right. I'll have to test it out to see how the weight of the snakes pulls on the wig and if I need to anchor it somehow.

Medusa at a toga party... LOL Now that's a fun mental image!
By Raven
This is the early draft of my Medusa make up. It will probably change some by Halloween as I keep thinking of different ways to do things. I originally wanted bigger snakes, but these smaller ones are much easier to attach to hair or wig without being too heavy. I really wish I had some snake eyes contacts. I need a Medusa pattern to go with my costume. :)

By Euri
That looks really good! I love the makeup! And oooh, I never thought of snake eye contacts, but you're right it would be a must and really sell the package. Did you just hot glue the snakes in the wig?

And so as to not totally derail the thread, this would be aperfect costume/pumpkin duo. 8)
By purple1worm
Cool costume so far! I agree the contacts would complete it!! How did you attch the snakes?
By purple1worm
You just need a great pumpkin pattern to go with it!! What do ya say Ryan?!! :D :D
By hkzombie
You are going to make a really bad ass Medusa! I can't wait to see the final pic for Halloween! Do you have a prescription for snake eye contacts? You definetly should because it would make the overall look complete! As for clothing, you can probably find a greek inspired dress in a dark color or maybe go to your local fabric store and look for some kind of patterned cloth that simulates Medusa's scaley and slithery body? Will you also have a bow and arrow so you can stop your victims at their tracks and turn them into stone?!! :lol:
By purple1worm
Please! I asked for this one when I girst joined a few years ago and I still want it!! :P :P
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I forget who sent these too me, but I thought this was a pretty impressive Medusa costume:

By purple1worm
WOW! I was almost turned to stone!! HeHeHe!
By Euri
Glad to see your watching this thread, Ryan. :wink: No doubt about it, a Medusa pattern would totally rock!! I know you got a good one in you Ryan. :)

That is an impressive costume! I love the eyes! Wonder how she managed to attach the snakes.
By Raven
zombiepumpkins wrote:I forget who sent these too me, but I thought this was a pretty impressive Medusa costume:
Very nice! Puts my Medusa to shame. :cry:

That's why I need a Medusa pattern. :P