Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
I just finished my first tombstone, and I must say I really enjoyed doing it! I wish I could find a job that would allow me to create things like that every day!! A girl can dream.....

I also attached some pictures of another one that I started this afternoon. I hope to have it finished tomorrow...weather pending...

This was by total fluke that my cat snuck in the picture.....

Last edited by CorpseBride on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
By CombichristGirl
:o :shock: freaking awesome!!!!! i love the paint job. i love that speckle effect!!! i want to see more im fiendin' i love this stuff!!! i feel you on the wanting to do it for a living. your right we can dream :)
PS ill be over in the morning to collect the cheetos !! :lol: :P :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice work, especially if it's your first. You're gonna get the prop building bug and eventually have a full graveyard. ;) I like the Nevermore one with the raven. Right before you posted this I was listening to a recording of Poe's The Raven. I just love the rhythm of his writing.

And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you, here I opened wide the door,
Darkness there, and nothing more.
By GUS
I am also impressed (by the way you kept cheeto's orange out of the overall colour scheme) :lol:

Brilliant visual tieing together CP. majorly impressed.
& hell, if you want to do it, do it, see what you can get for them on etsy / ebay, theres plenty of folk out there with neither the time or the inclination, nor the skill or the tools.

So price up your time & see if it works.
Lots of brown packaging tape, knife & scissors + free grocery boxes from the supermarket for rigidity.

both you & CCG need to stop pondering & start selling, especially awesome with the photography,...commanding extra dollar!
It's all in the presentation as well as the product.
By CombichristGirl
god it would be awesome. even though its light and doesnt really take all that much time id be affraid of shipping because of the size of the stones
By GUS
Well weigh up oblongcentric ones or whatever works best with the mail system, you'd be surprised, i've sent cello's through the post before wrapped in card & styrene!
..you try to work around the hand your dealt! do a few tests & costings, look at frame rigidity, work it into the equation as to what works best, don't necesarily think single if you need to sell doubles or triples.

be pragmatic.
By punchi
How did you get the patterns on the headstone They look embossed. That is awesome work!
By Nikki
Those look fantasic! You did some amazing work!

How long did it take you to finish just one of them? They look like a lot of time and effort went in to them :)

If that's one thing we never see around these parts it would have to be good old fashion Tombstones
By Ajax
The kids in the way of the bride :x just kidding :lol: Nice tombies look way better then anything you could buy at the store.
By pagemaster1993
I alway thought about buying on of those styrofoam ones at the stores but I'm afraid one of my cats will claw it up.
By SuperSonic
Awesome work CB!
By monstermash
Wow! **jaw drops**
Those are amazing!!! You've got a real talent there. I feel the same, I would love a job that just lets you make stuff like that everyday.