Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
I like sticking to one thread for a year, it keeps my brain where I remember it.

So, as my first offering to please the carving gods, I present a late season watermelon:
It's another pokemon, leafeon. Once upon a time I promised someone I'd carve all 8 of this one species, and 5 years later I've got 3 left! Carved while watching a How It's Made marathon. Why is that show so addicting?
Last edited by Joey on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
By nosferatu
That's really cool. I'm afraid I know nothing about Pokemon but it looks great. 8)
By SaneInsideInsanity
quite interesting great carve i feel for you that you have 3 left though Ive always hated Pokemon....
By Joey
Yeah, I'm kind of on my lonesome here with the pokemon pumpkins, but they're still too fun to stop carving!

Missed International Talk Like a Pirate Day, but that doesn't stop me from pirating up my first pumpkins of the season! But first, one last watermelon:
Flower the Macaw, a pirate's best friend :D
And what else would a pirate need, but a fine ship?
I did this one back in 04, but never got a picture of it before it went fuzzy on me. Fun to do again, it's one of my favorite ZP's.
By SuperSonic
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:quite interesting great carve i feel for you that you have 3 left though Ive always hated Pokemon....
awww cmon im still addicted to it whats so bad about it :shock:
By Joey
And two 'kins from this weekend:
Serenity from Firefly! The stencil is from vivid_figment here, who seems to have only posted once before disappearing into the ether. I saved the pattern though, and gave it a shot after finding it in a folder a few days ago. Not sure he meant it to be shaded, but I thought it would look cool and seem to not be able to not shade anything.

Annnd another pokemon! xD They're fun and I get an excuse to bust out some crazy shading. This one is a Legendary Beast of Thunder named Raikou, based off some Japanese mythology and a saber-toothed tiger. (One of it's teeth broke off :o ) Took about 2 and a half hours to do all the shading and carving.
By SuperSonic
awesome kins LOVING the Raikou pattern and btw if you still have that tooth attach it with crazy glue it works
By Joey
I actually lost the tooth when I gave it a rinse down after carving. Thought about carving a new one, but it was something like 2:30 in the morning when I finished, so I just gave up. I'll remember crazy glue for the next random thing that falls off though.
By SuperSonic
if you look at my carvings in the 2008 gallery and at my "Jack Skellington" (my name is Andrew Avery sop you know whos to look for) i fixed the teeth with Crazy glue
By nosferatu
Fantastic as always Joey. Love your work. Really distinctive
By paddy_babe
"gotta carve em all............. pokemon!"

lol love you carvings, first pokemon ones I've seen, I was a big fan (still have all my cards lol) but couldnt keep up ones the 3rd lot of ones came out :(

I love the parrot one, looks like a classic 'pirate polly' :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
great carves yet agian
By SuperSonic
paddy_babe wrote:"gotta carve em all............. pokemon!"

lol love you carvings, first pokemon ones I've seen, I was a big fan (still have all my cards lol) but couldnt keep up ones the 3rd lot of ones came out :(

I love the parrot one, looks like a classic 'pirate polly' :D
would you mind "giving" away those cards j/ks :P
By paddy_babe
if you did want them and they were going to a good home then sure :) pm me :D
By Joey
Man, carving them all would take me the rest of my life or more! Every time I'd get close, they'd add another 100 or so xD

I still have all my cards, even though I've never been good at the card game. Every now and then I'll pick up some of the newer ones if I have some extra cash.