Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By SaneInsideInsanity
pretty woman?

naw Mirrors was pretty decent i just saw it in theaters, I'd go with cult classic horror sploofs but thats just me....phantom of the paradise, rhps, clockwork orange ect.... though they're not really horror
By nosferatu
I always like serial killer films.

Man Bites Dog is shot in black and white and is about a documentary crew following a Belgian serial killer...Dadja I think his name is.... only joking!

It isn't really horror in the traditional sense but I remember loving it when it came out as compared to American Psycho which is awful compared to the novel.
By Raven
I still love 'The Shinning' and 'The Exorcist'. Today's horror films are filled with way to much CGI. I still watch all the new ones that come out, hoping for a good one. I am far more frightened by the things I cannot see.
By nosferatu
Good call on The Shining. The simplicity of it remains brilliant. Limited effects just great acting and direction.

Although I remain forever disappointed that Shelley Duvall's character does not get killed.

RED-RUM! RED-RUM!
By The Captain
nosferatu wrote:Although I remain forever disappointed that Shelley Duvall's character does not get killed.
Awwe leave poor Olive Oil alone, somebody had to drive poor little Danny down off the mountain.

Night of the Living Dead or The first Halloween are both classics.

Behind the Mask - The Rise of Leslie Vernon
is a campy throw back to the heyday of the slasher film, but with a creative take on the genre. Leslie wants to be the next Freddy, Jason, or Michael and hes done his homework. Probably my favorite slasher movie in the last five years.

Hatchet, Feast, Phantasm, Poltergeist....."somebody stop me!"
By Zombie Pumpkins!
"Behind the Mask" was a clever one. Good call. "Hatchet" was also a lot of fun for the crazy gore.

On the topic of more recent horror offerings, I enjoyed these...

"The Mist"
"30 Days of Night"
"The Descent"
"Slither"
By Joey
Heh, I actually really don't like horror movies at all really. Weird thing to confess on a site like this, but there you go.

Though one that comes to mind is the Japanese animated film Perfect Blue. It's a psychological thriller type that I saw years and years ago and it scared the crap out of me. Never got it out of my mind though, I want to see it again one of these years.
By Thunderclap
I like the classics the best, Exorcist, Halloween, Ammityville horror. I also like movies with good stories to them , like What lies Beneath, and Stir of Echos. :twisted:
By nico_reed
Since The Shining and The Exorcist have already been mentioned I'd have to go with Rosemary's Baby and American Werewolf in London. There's also an amazing film called The Wicker Man that you should check out if you've never seen it.
By nico_reed
Oh, and Jacob's Ladder. That one scared the crap out of me!
By vibhandaka
nico_reed wrote
There's also an amazing film called The Wicker Man that you should check out if you've never seen it.
I did not like the re-make, but I love the original.

RavensDestiny wrote
I still watch all the new ones that come out, hoping for a good one.

I'm the same way. I love scary movies and a lot of newer ones are just dumb. I.E. Boogeyman.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
By The Captain
The Descent . . . for those of you who have seen it. I don't scare easy and I can see a jump coming from a mile away, BUT when all the girls are all standing around arguing and the camera is panning around in a circle and that guy is standing right there. LOL! I threw my hand up uncontrollably like a 12 year old girl, like the guy was going to get me. LOL, Very claustrophobic movie.

Slither is a fun one too. Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original and the two remakes, the others might as well have been comedies.
I just watched Dawn of the Dead, that’s a good one.
By nico_reed
Oh my god, I totally forgot about the remake. I definitely meant the original, although I didn't see the remake, I imagine it's terrible. The original is so bizarre and creepy :)