Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Well I decided to kick the carving season off over the weekend with the carving of Rotten Jack, here are the results:

I bought one of those pond misters to try out as a Halloween decoration so I gave it a try inside a pumpkin:

The picture doesn't really capture it but it does look quite eerie with the mist flowing out of his mouth, I recorded a video if you're interested;

It would make a great centre piece on a table but it can be quite messy with the water so I'd suggest placing the pumpkin in a tray or something.
Last edited by S.A.M on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By nosferatu
Amazing effect!!! Really cool!

Where did you buy it?

Cos I want one!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The carving came out great. First time seeing it carved, I believe. And the mist is a spooky effect too. Keep up the ghastly work, S.A.M.
By S.A.M

nosferatu I bought it from eBay if you search for Mist Maker you'll find some, the one I got came with a separate light unit attached, it's a halogen light but I reckon a L.E.D one would be better for pumpkins, the fact that the light is on board with the mist maker thus taking less space.
By nosferatu
Funnily enough I'm on ebay now. Have found some at Maplin. Thanks, I think it is a really simple effect to achieve but the results on your video look stunning.
By Sind3315
Looking good and I love the look the the mist!!! Excellent job! :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
That's awesome, funkin right? I wonder how a mister would work in a real pumpkin...I'd never thought to try it before
By S.A.M
SaneInsideInsanity wrote:That's awesome, funkin right? I wonder how a mister would work in a real pumpkin...I'd never thought to try it before
Nope it is actually a real pumpkin, funkins aren't available over here unless you import them which isn't cheap.

It does create a fair bit of mist but I made the water container dip down at the front a little so it would spill most of the mist out into the pumpkin rather than hold it in.
With the jaw on this design being carved low down the mist just flows out.

If you place the mist maker in a bowl/cauldron ;) and fill it to leave a few inches around the top the mist is captured in the bowl and swirls about occasionally falling over the sides; as seen in this video;
By CorpseBride
SUCH a good idea!! I am definately purchasing one of those mighty fine units :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
awesome but how will you make it last till all hallows?
By Artex76
He wont many of us carve for the sport of it. Like I will be carving some for this weekends local carving contests I always wow tons of people with ryan's stencils and hand out some flyers and stickers
By 500cdn
That Is A Great Affect S.A.M

Great Carving
By Artex76
Ive been using on of those misters for the last few years to make table centerpieces. They do make a hell of a mess but look super cool. usally after a night of use the pumpkin will be pretty water logged. great job on the carving too. they also sell those misters at spirit stores and I may have seen one at wal mart
By vibhandaka
I'm loving the mist effect. Great idea! Seems to me that it might help your pumpkin last longer. Does it?