Prepping everything from pumpkin pies to party platters.
By GeologySage
one of my friends to this DAY refuses to eat any kind of seed because he's paranoid that they will grow inside him.
I remember seeing that in an episode of Rugrats (when it was good) involving a watermelon seed.
By Nikki
:lol: Haha yeah it was Chucky..and it actually did start to grow since Angelica was watering it. Evil lil brat...
By Dragon
Hm.. What if you grew the seeds in peat pots before planting them? They might be less likely to disturb a growing plant.
By imjuscarol
I have been cooking seeds since I was a kid. Mom use to just throw them in the oven and they came out ok. I have been experimenting for years and finally hit on one that worked great. I soak them in Kosher Salt - not table salt. - and water. About 1/2 cup to 4 cups will give you a nice light salting, but I like mine potato chip salty and go for a ratio of 1/2 cup salt to 3 cups water. Soak them over night and stir them everytime you walk by them. DO NOT use a metal bowl. Next day I drain them and place them on a towel and very carefully blot off some of the excess water. I don't grease my cookie sheet - I found that the seeds were more likely to burn that way - I just use a non stick pan and shake them every 5-10 minutes. I like to slow cook them at 300 for a couple of hours. Each year seems to be a little different so I use the taste test to see when they ar done. My rule of "done" is when I can easily split the seed with my teeth and it comes out a "seed" and not stringy or soft.

Enjoy.
Happy All Hallows Eve
By baygirl
*crunches on seeds*

I baked pumpkin seeds this year... I think they came out great! Much better than store bought. I rinsed them and dried them a bit, then tossed them with a little olive oil & kosher salt. Then I broke them up into several small batches - the first batch I roasted them as is, then the 2nd batch I sprinkled a little garlic powder on them before baking. I didn't think the 1st batch was salty enough, so I added a bit more salt to my 3rd batch.

I carved my last pumpkin tonight - I think I'll make more with the garlic - that came out extra tasty! :D
By buddha
There's an old saying that goes, "the juice isn't worth the squeeze!" That's my feeling about trying to remove the shell to get to the meat inside the pumpkin seed. The shell is perfectly crunchy and edible. It's good roughage and I've eaten them for years. 8)
By Black Mage
Open the seeds? I just eat 'em whole. What's the point in seasoning them if your just going to throw the seasoned part away?

Besides...extra fiber.
By 2manyferrets
I like to make mine with a little butter, salt, garlic, cajun and just a little bit of honey and then bake them...... :)