Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By DeadKing
I start to make decorations for this year. I decided to first make small pumpkin spiders who will climb to the nasty black Halloween tree. I paint small pumpkins with black acrylic paint, and the legs are from pipe cleaners/chenilles. I will make about 10 pieces.
Last edited by DeadKing on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By MooBoo
Great idea, i love them! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Fun idea. I was trying to think of what sort of carving pattern would be good to use as a spider face. Something with fangs and multiple eyes, I think. Looks like you have something like that in the back of your spider group actually.
By amandap80
Those are so cute!
By DeadKing
Thank you all. I'm glad you like them.
monstermash wrote:I'm curious about your nasty black halloween tree.
Well, it is not actually a tree, it is more like branch :lol: that I cut of plum :lol: and I paint it in black with spray.
I will try to update you as the progress is made.
By monstermash
DeadKing wrote:Thank you all. I'm glad you like them.
monstermash wrote:I'm curious about your nasty black halloween tree.
Well, it is not actually a tree, it is more like branch :lol: that I cut of plum :lol: and I paint it in black with spray.
I will try to update you as the progress is made.
I do that too! Mine is a very small piece of Lilac which I paint black and hang little bats and glass pumpkins on. :)
By DeadKing
Here is two photos I take today. More progress pic of my decoration for this year still to come.
DSC_1191.jpg
Some of my props. Almost done with decorations, but you are never actually done, because there is always something that can be done and upgared. :lol:
DSC_0882b.jpg
I take this pic while I was wandering through the yard.
By mesmark
DeadKing wrote:Almost done with decorations, but you are never actually done, because there is always something that can be done and upgared. :lol:
Amen! It does seem like there's never enough time to get everything done and when it's all do, you finally have time to get to those other ideas :D

Great pictures. I like the spiders with all of those ideas. That was a great idea. I can't wait to see the the other decorations you've been working on.