Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Batgirl
I'm insanely excited about this project! Color me inspired...

Looking forward to more pictures of your AWESOME work!
By CorpseBride
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:CorpseBride - Can I ask what sort of clay you're using? Does it air dry and is it heavy when it hardens up?
I am just using Sculpy Polymer Clay. It requires baking. I am going to get around that by borrowing a friend's heat gun :D As for heaviness...it is quite dense when it is wet but it gets lighter as it dries. I find the air dry clay does the opposite...it seems to get heavier when it dries.

I am a huge fan of oven bake clay. It keeps your area workable until you are ready to be done. I just wrap my friend in saran wrap when I need a break and he is fresh as a daisy when I come back to him.

Check out the video I made! lol Gotta love days off :D

PHASE ONE COMPLETE!! Now off to buy some hair....

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By nosferatu
Fabulous. Could you not use that one as a prototype to make a latex mould? You could then make loads o them and sell them on as a basic head for buyers to decorate or for you to decorate them and sell them completed? I'm pretty sure GUS is very knowledgeable about hat sort of stuff and may be able to offer some advice.

Honestly, it looks soooooooooooo good, you would easily sell them.
By CorpseBride
nosferatu wrote:Fabulous. Could you not use that one as a prototype to make a latex mould? You could then make loads o them and sell them on as a basic head for buyers to decorate or for you to decorate them and sell them completed? I'm pretty sure GUS is very knowledgeable about hat sort of stuff and may be able to offer some advice.

Honestly, it looks soooooooooooo good, you would easily sell them.
You know I never thought of that!! What a great idea Nos. I could have them on the perimeter of the house...warning trespassers from all directions. I just might have to look into getting some supplies to do this. Just not even sure where to start.....PAGING GUS!! PAGING GUS!!

I wonder if the tongue would be an issue?? I suppose I could always remove it and add that piece in each time or something. Perhaps a separate mold.

As for selling?? Not a bad idea really. Perhaps I will do a couple and see how they turn out :twisted:
By CorpseBride
zombombie wrote:That really has come on so fast and looks amazing - stupendous work CB :)
Thank you!

It only took me about 3-4 hours to do...did it in pieces over the course of a night and a day. I had a great shape to build from so half of the work was done for me already.
By Lala
This is amazing! What are you using for the sculpting (if you don't mind me asking?)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
CorpseBride wrote:The head itself is very sturdy and has a hole in the bottom...figure I will stake it out in the yard or something...? Ideas??
That idea reminds me of the Slaughtered Lamb sign from An American Werewolf in London. I say the idea works!

By SuperSonic
Ohh I love the creative work you do on props every year. I only wish I had the time, money and creativity to do some of these things.

Looking sharp :lol:

If you DON'T carve Howl' O Ween after making this. I'll scream :P