Trading tips for dark displays and prop production.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Everyone's commenting on your Zero tombstone doghouse... I wanna know about the ghost. How did you make it? What's under the fabric.

And, ok ok... I love that Zero grave too. :) I'm a sucker for Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, and I've never seen a homemade version of that.
By MooBoo
Thankyou guys, glad you liked Zero's especially when my family had no idea what its from. I may have to disown them!
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Everyone's commenting on your Zero tombstone doghouse... I wanna know about the ghost. How did you make it? What's under the fabric.
I'm afraid there is nothing special under the fabric, just a foam head, attached to a coat hanger with some wire.
The wire wraps around the coat hanger and goes right through the head. I padded the coat hanger with some newspaper to give it more of a shoulder frame, and wrapped the wire so i could hang it.
I then drapped the fabric over and let gravity do its job.
I layered the red, for a little bit of colour
And the final piece. I shredded the fabric, to give it more of a tattered look.
I'm still not 100% happy with it, but i can't decide what's missing.
I looked into using frames but i wanted it to have more of a floating look. Nevermind the fact i'm not that good with a hammer. :lol: Anywho, glad you like.
By zombombie
Really like that all you did was a foam head, hanger and fabric. I really like the floaty, ethereal look it gives it. I don't think it's lacking much, but I know what you mean... Maybe it's a little too "clean" looking?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
MooBoo wrote:I'm afraid there is nothing special under the fabric, just a foam head, attached to a coat hanger with some wire
Ah, very cool. That's the beauty of a hanging ghost prop like that. You don't need anything fancy underneath to make something effective. I made a similar ghost a few years back. I had a mask (stuffed with paper to give it shape) as the head, and tattered fabric hanging off shoulders made from a coat hanger. A little breeze and your ghost comes alive. In my case, I realized the white fabric I had used was responsive to blacklight. So that added a little more glowy appearance to my specter.
By pagemaster1993
Zero's tombstone is awesome, and the ghost is fabulous. Maybe for decorating my house next season I will do something like that.
By nosferatu
Until mesmark mentioned this in another post, I had never seen these. They are great! That tomb is absolutely brilliant! 8) 8) 8) the gravestone is lovely too, really professional. Great stuff! Have you done anymore since the original post?
By amandap80
Thanks for bumping this up Nos, I had missed it. I absolutely love the tombstones!
By MooBoo
Thanks guys! I am working on another one, not sure how well its going to work but i will post pics when finished :D
By SuperSonic
I must'a not been here either. I hadn't seen these! Fantastic work!

If I can ask, how did you attach the shingles to the house? Also how did you put the entire tomb of Zero together? I wouldnt mind exploring this side of Halloween in the near future.
By MooBoo
SuperSonic wrote:I must'a not been here either. I hadn't seen these! Fantastic work!

If I can ask, how did you attach the shingles to the house? Also how did you put the entire tomb of Zero together? I wouldnt mind exploring this side of Halloween in the near future.
Glue, lots of glue! Lol. I just used pva glue an that worked well. For the sides i placed cocktail sticks in the base for stability an to give it a straight edge while the glue dried, but joining all the sides together was a but awkward. I had to hold them in place while the glue took affect and then i placed the roof on top. Each shingle is individually glued. (Which was fun.......not). But overall it was quite easy, and its still intact this year, so i must have done something right. Definately worth trying! I will have a look and see if i have a progress pics to help explain it better. :D
By MooBoo
mesmark wrote:you can use hot-glue for gluing on small pieces. the best part is it dries in just a few seconds.
Oh yes! Hot glue, i love my glue gun, i didn't have one last year but i can't live without it now. lol. And sorry i didn't seem to take any progress pics, silly me! :oops: